Any Experiences at SLC?

Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
What a joke... it isn't like they don't have space to at least have a quasi-Aisle set up where the booth in the garage can issue keys and let you pick from the vehicles in the space surrounding the booth for the Aisles...

Corporate is doing a pretty lousy job with these former Midwest Car Corp. locations. They should be embarrassed.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:18 am

Yea, I think that Logan airport is like that.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jeeden
Yea, I think that Logan airport is like that.
Logan has full dedicated aisles with an exit booth. Keys are in the cars already
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by storewanderer
What a joke... it isn't like they don't have space to at least have a quasi-Aisle set up where the booth in the garage can issue keys and let you pick from the vehicles in the space surrounding the booth for the Aisles...

Corporate is doing a pretty lousy job with these former Midwest Car Corp. locations. They should be embarrassed.
That's what they do. They give you a selection. I went to the main desk without thinking and was also given a selection there.

-J.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
That's what they do. They give you a selection. I went to the main desk without thinking and was also given a selection there.

-J.
Yeah, I was given a selection between a Rogue, an Altima, and an Impala. Took the Altima because I had a 2 hour drive ahead. Just my luck, it has 29,000 on it!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
what year was it? ive seen a whole bunch of 2019 models lately.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Former DL PM that converted to AS MVPG when we moved to SEA
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Picked up on the 14th, but I went to the main desk instead of the Emerald Booth (without really thinking). Was offered a 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport (which I took, with 174 miles on it), 2019 Hyundai Kona , 2018 (rest of them) Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry. Had keys in my hand in less than five minutes. Aisles are coming in 2020 with the new facility.

-J.
Was the Rogue and/or Kona AWD? Trying to figure if I'm safe renting from "Exec Aisle" to hit the mountains in a couple of months.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:56 am

Yea I’ve got a snowboard trip out here mid feb - so not being able to upgrade scares me. Curious if I should call ahead? Do the cars at least have snow tires?

im expec elite and have never had a problem anywhere else
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:08 pm

haha, ok so when are we all going? I'm booked for 2/6 - 2/10 Flyertalk meetup

I was going to wait until I was closer to comment, but the consensus here is that we stop at the main counter in the terminal and don't go to the booth right?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:13 am

I'm booked for Feb 17-23. I reserved a SUV with ski rack for my family of 5 with 2 car seats. Last year, with the same reservation, I got a traverse which was more than adequate. I can't risk booking the (exec) aisle and ending up with my choice of Malibu colors. I'd love to book the "aisle" if I knew I could get something big enough for us.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:11 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
[QUOTE=jeeden;30638168]haha, ok so when are we all going? I'm booked for 2/6 - 2/10 Flyertalk meetup'

I looked thru the community buzz but couldn't find info; where is this at?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:13 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by shadow520
I'm booked for Feb 17-23. I reserved a SUV with ski rack for my family of 5 with 2 car seats. Last year, with the same reservation, I got a traverse which was more than adequate. I can't risk booking the (exec) aisle and ending up with my choice of Malibu colors. I'd love to book the "aisle" if I knew I could get something big enough for us.
SLC is in the process of a massive building program including a central car rental facility; it's been 10 months since I've been there but AFAIK, it's still in garage across from terminal w/no exec aisle.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:50 am

[QUOTE=rustyr;30646322]
Originally Posted by jeeden
haha, ok so when are we all going? I'm booked for 2/6 - 2/10 Flyertalk meetup'

I looked thru the community buzz but couldn't find info; where is this at?

Was a little joke. No meetup.

I'm booked 2/6-2/10 as I mentioned and I'm EE. I'm on a group ski trip with friends, but my rental is just for my wife and I plus one more person so the SUV would be nice, but I can deal with pretty much anything. I reserved a full size with hopes to pick something better. I have gotten a great rate though. I reserved the full size for the same price as the mid sized and that was $220 for the 4 days with my corporate discount. Then I re-reserved with the corporate discount and the $15 national promo and a better rate for $185. Then I just re-reserved last week again with the BJ's coupon code and my corporate discount for a $156 rate which I think is as cheap as I'm going to get.

Reading through the thread it sounds like some have had a better response from the main desk in baggage claim than they have with the booth in the garage for picking cars.

Side note, ski conditions look great!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:59 am

The checkout desk may have a problem with the BJs coupon and a different contract ID. AUS gave me a hard time with the Emerald Club code and the BJ's free upgrade coupon. Ideally find a way for the contract code and coupon affiliation to match.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by shadow520
I’ll be there the 20th-21st, but I may rent from Avis if they’re cheaper.

Why do all of the companies at SLC have such high mileage cars?

Sometimes I miss renting from Hertz there but it's really all about who you know.

-J,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.