Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Experiences at SLC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: SQ Gold
Hey, guys, any idea what’s the mini van offered here?
Old May 11, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Once again National at SLC is a complete failure. Returned a car this morning and didn’t have the ability to pull into the lane. Finally found a employee and he said it would be 45 minutes before he could get to me...
Old May 11, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Cars at SLC

Tried searching for this thread but couldn’t find it. So thought I’d start it.

Good news for this who rent from SLC. Those that have in the past know it is one of the worst EA locations, actually not even real EA but stop at booth and get keys location. Really just an excuse to up sell their crappy Chevy Fleet (Malibu, Impalas, Equinox, Traverse etc).

Anyway, was told that as if three weeks ago the location is now corporate owned, so real cars coming if not already showing up.

Got an Audi Q5 today, first non impala rental. Saw many Nissans and a few Caddy’s as well. Finally.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Different title but same topic.

Nice to see that this is corporate owned now.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/1044457-any-experiences-slc.html
Old May 14, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
While I just wrote a negative review in the linked thread, I’m optimistic of better things to come if in fact it’s corporate now. I don’t however expect normal aisle service to happen until things progress on the new terminal.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:47 pm

I’ve had better luck with Hertz in SLC lately. Got a Range Rover Evoque and they had an Escalade in the Presidents circle when I dropped off.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Once again National at SLC is a complete failure. Returned a car this morning and didn’t have the ability to pull into the lane. Finally found a employee and he said it would be 45 minutes before he could get to me...
Is it any better now? I heard Midwest Car Corp's franchise agreements were terminated except in WI and IN.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Is it any better now? I heard Midwest Car Corp's franchise agreements were terminated except in WI and IN.
I'm likely headed to SLC in the next few weeks and will report back. To add to my original OP, it took 5 days before a receipt finally came through, and calls to the station claimed I still had the vehicle, until they finally found it.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
This place is still a dump. No courtesy for customers, no efficiency, crapshoot on cars for ES. A dump.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:25 pm

SLC should be a corporate location by now, though it looks like customer service is franchise-level. I was searching for one-way into Arizona in November and surprisingly SLC-PHX is an option from National at $11/day. Usually this location has crazy high one-way prices due to being a franchise.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Can you pick your own car out yet at SLC ? Last time I went through they just assigned you a car and you had to wait at the counter like everyone else. Thanks !
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:24 am

A complete miss as many have reported. As Executive waited for 30 min, for a car along with many 'anxious renters'. Saw a black Mustang pull in and asked for it to get on my way, A piece of junk with 40k plus miles. Worse was dark window film peeling off the windshield (a definite safety issue- I eventually pulled it all off after 100 miles of 'harried' driving.
Misc. junk in trunk (some empty paper cups), and tires in questionable shape. I mean this car would have been my expectation if I had to borrow a car in a crunch from my neighbor's kid.

Bad, but not much worse than their typical cars. The only decent one I had was an Infiniti Q60 which I relented and payed extra because the availability of booked cars was so poor.

I sent an e-mail to corporate on this Mustang rental and never even received a response. I am generally pleased and committed to NCR but this location is a definite blight on my NCR viewpoint.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Picked up on the 14th, but I went to the main desk instead of the Emerald Booth (without really thinking). Was offered a 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport (which I took, with 174 miles on it), 2019 Hyundai Kona , 2018 (rest of them) Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry. Had keys in my hand in less than five minutes. Aisles are coming in 2020 with the new facility.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Picked up on the 14th, but I went to the main desk instead of the Emerald Booth (without really thinking). Was offered a 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport (which I took, with 174 miles on it), 2019 Hyundai Kona , 2018 (rest of them) Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry. Had keys in my hand in less than five minutes. Aisles are coming in 2020 with the new facility.

-J.
So, is it not "any color Malibu you want" anymore? I have a pickup on the 26th, and while "dread" is probably too strong of a word.... I generally don't look forward to renting there.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:16 am

2020 for the aisles, ouch. Have a reservation for a skip trip in February and already starting to prepare myself for disappointment.
flyguy6 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.