Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:33 am

anything new or good at DFW, flying in at the end of the month for 3 days (Wed-Fri)
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
I had a reservation for a full-size and, after asking, was upgraded to a Lincoln MKC. I love Lincolns and had a great time in that mini-SUV.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:25 pm

I picked up a 2015 Chevy Cruze Rental with 28,000 miles on it this week at DFW, a little disappointed in the intermediate car selection.

Another guy from work picked up a Buick SUV for him and 3 others, but I am staying a day later so just picked up a car, Wondering why they hadn't pulled that one yet with that old and heavy mileage
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Emerald Club
DFW continues to disappoint.

Used a free day and arrived around 11ish midweek. Less than 15 cars available and most were GM or Chrysler. Tried grabbing a Maxima but was told that one was specifically reserved as

"the trunk being open means it was specifically reserved..."

Told they'd get me something luxury if I waited. They brought in a Chrysler 300

Took it since it was approaching 90 degrees but what a waste of a free day.

I recall being able to find Fusions and even Tauruses as well before here. Those days seem long gone.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Came in to DFW last night. Exec aisle had a Malibu that had been smoked in, a Sonata, a 200, and 11 minivans.

I complained and asked for something from P or L spaces and was told "what we have out there (aisle) is what you can take".

I normally have much better luck at DAL and the staff is nicer.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:42 am

Too bad Silvercar left DFW. It was a pain to get to and Silvercar charged me for the return ride to the airport but anything else at DFW is a crap shoot. Got lucky at National one trip last year and snagged a BMW 3series.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:53 pm

Booked a mid-sized, grabbed an Audi Q5 from the Executive aisle.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:07 pm

This post is not about car selection... but just car availability.

Both DFW and DAL are showing ZERO availability when trying to book, even 2-3 days out. Does anyone know if this a chronic thing as of late? perhaps due to hurricane Harvey?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
Both DFW and DAL are showing ZERO availability when trying to book, even 2-3 days out. Does anyone know if this a chronic thing as of late? perhaps due to hurricane Harvey?
I've had this happen a few times when trying to book o/w rentals, but just recently picked up at DAL with no issues
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I’ve had the same problem with availability at DFW for midweek trips. Either there are no cars available or the rack rate is over $120 a day! Probably just a supply issue during heavy business travel times. I always prefer renting a car vs. other modes of transport when in DFW for business because the Metroplex is so darn spread out.

Next week I’m renting from an off-airport Avis location at the Wingate Las Colinas because of the lack of DFW availability.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Booked emerald isle. Got a Charger with a Hemi and cloth seats . Very fun car. I was very surprised as I do not normally see the V8 models in the Executive isle. Great first experience rending from DFW!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Booked to get in the Executive Aisle last Saturday and got a 2018 Camaro SS. Tons of other choices, but the second best option looked like a Chrysler 300.

Lots of mid sized SUVs, a few Dodge Rams, then a lot of standard rental cars of mediocrity.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:07 pm

Good selection

Was at DFW last week (Monday around 5pm). Tons of good vehicles in the executive aisle. Brand new CX-5, 3-4 Camaros, Challenger, trucks, a few Expeditions and a Suburban.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:41 pm

Was in Monday 6/4 around 6PM. National was a bit hectic to say the least. About half a dozen cars in executive aisle with about 10 people wandering around looking for vehicles. Tried a Mazda 6 first, but no CarPlay, so got out. Went to get into an Infiniti QX80, but it stunk of cigarette smoke (not like someone had just smoked in it, like someone had been smoking in it since it arrived, real stale smoke smell), tried a Dodge Ram next, no CarPlay again, so finally got in a Suburban and away. The drivers couldn't get cars in fast enough, guessing Monday night is a pretty peak time.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:44 pm

Recent updates on Exec Selection?

Any recent reports on executive selection? Picking up a vehicle Sat Nov 17, and am curious what's on the lot recently. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.