Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

BeWare: EWRS03 Iselin NJ National are now Enterprise, although still called National

BeWare: EWRS03 Iselin NJ National are now Enterprise, although still called National

Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:46 am
Original Poster

So I went to pick up my car at EWRS03 last week and to my suprise, my old National Buddy has gone. Two enterprise guys were there and gave me an enterprise car. Yes, with all the enterprise sign on key and, with only 1/8 Gas, very typical enterprise.

Even worse, when I returned the car today, they wanted to charge me for not returning with full gas until I remind them that I drove out nearly empty tank.

Totally downgraded of service imo.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:47 am

Thanks for the head's up. That's too bad.

On the other hand, does that mean that now the reward systems are fully integrated across National and Enterprise, so that if I rent from any Enterprise location in the future, I can get National rental credits?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:05 pm

They're still listed on the National website, complete with one-way capability. In many but not all cases, the rate is much less than nearby Newark Airport. With some one-ways, and depending on the day, as usual, they'll do it for the same price as roundtrip. Enterprise does not generally do these things.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 7:08 pm

Any reasons why the weekend rates at Iselin are now $60/day? Iselin used to be cheap, now it's super-expensive.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Any reasons why the weekend rates at Iselin are now $60/day? Iselin used to be cheap, now it's super-expensive.
Yeah. I noticed that. Dont know why. Try use contract ID: 5760333. I found it gave me the best rate at this location.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by sixthday
Yeah. I noticed that. Dont know why. Try use contract ID: 5760333. I found it gave me the best rate at this location.
Careful, as that rate inclides full LDW. I tried 5760339, supposedly the non-LDW cousin to that rate, but it drove the prices up to around $84/day...
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I just checked and see early Dec. is not too bad. Pick up Dec. 1 drop off Dec. 11th use entertainment book 10 day coupon 5027957 and 5007125, total is $270 for 10 days. Not great but not too bad.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by travelismylife
I just checked and see early Dec. is not too bad. Pick up Dec. 1 drop off Dec. 11th use entertainment book 10 day coupon 5027957 and 5007125, total is $270 for 10 days. Not great but not too bad.
Which 10 day coupon is that? I have the E-book, but I didn't see that one!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:05 am
Suspended

Whoops I put the entertainment contract id. I meant to write ND2912ZDP.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Whoops I put the entertainment contract id. I meant to write ND2912ZDP.
Was that on entertainment.com's website, or in the physical book? I didn't see it either in the book or online.

How much discount is it for?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:12 pm
Suspended

It's in both. To be sure, talking about the 2010 book. It's $40 off on 10 day rentals. A few interesting coupons this year. Here's the link, if you have an entertainment acct. it should work if you're signed in.

http://www.entertainment.com/save/go...999PRD00000063
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: National ES
May I ask how do you fill up a car to 1/8 full? Sounds like a total scam to me.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:42 pm

All the local branches for all the rental companies are allowed to give out cars less than full because they do pick up service. Enterprise started this, so everybody copies it.

For instance, when I did the Hertz FL driveout, my car was by definition an airport car before, and so had to be returned with a full tank. At return, I overheard a conversation with the manager arranging for several customers to be picked up. The employee assigned to this task sounded like he was planning to use my Cobalt as a fuel-efficient customer shuttle until re-rented or the gas reaches half. The manager stopped him on his way out the door because there were problems processing the return thanks to incompetent MIA's computer goofups. The manager told him to take the Camry while my problems were sorted out.

So, this is part of smart business planning. The difference is that local branches for everyone else half a limit of half a tank. Enterprise doesn't seem to have one, giving me several cars in the past with the gas light on and the dashboard message center dinging.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:25 pm

National in Iselin NJ

I know this an old thread but I booked a one day rental Iselin, Nj EWRS03 to be picked up at Iselin on 6/8 and returned to Newark Airport the following day 6/9.
Rate was $55..89 but am using my 1 free day that expires in June 2010..
It is still operating as National/Enterprise... don't want to have any problems with this one day rental.
Michele
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Shoes99
I know this an old thread but I booked a one day rental Iselin, Nj EWRS03 to be picked up at Iselin on 6/8 and returned to Newark Airport the following day 6/9.
Rate was $55..89 but am using my 1 free day that expires in June 2010..
It is still operating as National/Enterprise... don't want to have any problems with this one day rental.
Michele
IIRC, it's a joint National/Enterprise location; if you can book it online, you should be fine. Just slightly more worn cars with Enterprise key fobs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.