Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Old Apr 26, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stvr
I don't love that this discussion isn't even in the main Hyatt thread. What's the thinking? Silly.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
yeah makes zero sense
And yet... both of you seemed to have found it here

Given that SLH has always been a separate sub-forum why should MMS be handled any differently? Additionally, given that both of you seemed to have been able to find the discussion just fine why do you think others won't be able to, particularly given that the MMS sub forum is quite literally the very first thing listed on the Hyatt forum main page? What necessary posters do you believe are "missing" from the conversation? And what do you believe those missing posters would contribute to the discussion, other than yet another, "this implementation from Hyatt" sucks type post?

Anyhow, the moderator has addressed this several times in the past so if you want it changed you probably need to with a bit stronger logic than "I don't like it this way"

Regards
skj, joachimm and SifuGinSaing like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
And yet... both of you seemed to have found it here

Given that SLH has always been a separate sub-forum why should MMS be handled any differently? Additionally, given that both of you seemed to have been able to find the discussion just fine why do you think others won't be able to, particularly given that the MMS sub forum is quite literally the very first thing listed on the Hyatt forum main page? What necessary posters do you believe are "missing" from the conversation? And what do you believe those missing posters would contribute to the discussion, other than yet another, "this implementation from Hyatt" sucks type post?

Anyhow, the moderator has addressed this several times in the past so if you want it changed you probably need to with a bit stronger logic than "I don't like it this way"

Regards
Make it a sticky - not that complicated. Integration already tighter than SLH was. And as noted, Hyatt now owns MAMS.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
This is all pretty disappointing.
Setting aside the redemption levels -- which at this point do not seem competitive with the balance of the Hyatt portfolio), as a Globalist, there is less of a benefit booking MMS vs the old SLH.
No breakfast? Base points? Hotel not considered a Hyatt by the Chase? And Hyatt owns MMS -- this not a partnership.
I understand the individual hotels are independent.
And my first search (for a hotel I will book in the next week) shows "unavailable" on the Hyatt site (although it is listed). Available at Mr & Mrs, Smith, and 30% cheaper direct.
iahphx, levelnine and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cliburn
This is all pretty disappointing.
Setting aside the redemption levels -- which at this point do not seem competitive with the balance of the Hyatt portfolio), as a Globalist, there is less of a benefit booking MMS vs the old SLH.
No breakfast? Base points? Hotel not considered a Hyatt by the Chase? And Hyatt owns MMS -- this not a partnership.
I understand the individual hotels are independent.
And my first search (for a hotel I will book in the next week) shows "unavailable" on the Hyatt site (although it is listed). Available at Mr & Mrs, Smith, and 30% cheaper direct.
5 points per dollar spent - maybe you missed that part. More properties will also be added.

Not the best up front but optimistic they will keep improving.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
5 points per dollar spent - maybe you missed that part. More properties will also be added.

Not the best up front but optimistic they will keep improving.
No, I did see that (and note it is room only -- "Incidental spend and any other charges at any Participating Mr & Mrs Smith Property, or any venue or outlet associated with such property is ineligible and World of Hyatt members cannot earn points for such spend."
I was referring to "When using my World of Hyatt Credit Card, do I earn World of Hyatt Bonus Points at Participating Mr & Mrs Smith Properties like I would at Hyatt hotels and resorts?
No. Currently, Participating Mr & Mrs Smith Properties are not considered a “Hyatt hotel or resort” for purposes of earning bonus points on World of Hyatt credit card spend."
But to be honest the thing I am most surprised at it the hotel I looking a booking is 30% cheaper direct (vs MMS) for same room category. I won't miss the Smith Extra.

Last edited by cliburn; Apr 27, 2024 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by cliburn
But to be honest the thing I am most surprised at it the hotel I looking a booking is 30% cheaper direct (vs MMS) for same room category. I won't miss the Smith Extra.
Yeah I typically haven't seen that delta, MAMS is usually a good rate.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 9:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Moderator note

The mods did discuss this when the news originally broke, and decided to treat MMS similar to SLH by keeping it separate. That being said...

Make it a sticky - not that complicated. Integration already tighter than SLH was. And as noted, Hyatt now owns MAMS.
... these are good points, and while we are sticking with the original decision for now, we are certainly open to re-evaluating this down the road, as we see how things play out (both in terms of the integration and in terms of FT posting traffic)

please also note rule 18: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#moderatoractions

and PM the mod team with any further or future concerns.

We now return you to the MMS thread already in progress

Thanks,
the Hyatt mods
UA-NYC and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there something wrong with the integration at the moment? I'm looking for stays in Europe in late May and not a single MMS hotel in Western Europe appears to be available for either cash or points booking. I checked last week (when the hotels first appeared on the website) and there was plenty of availability back then, so I'm wondering if something has gone wrong with the booking portal.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Bergen Norway trip May 18-20
Was able to book Opus XVI for 15k May 19, used a Cat 1-4 expiring June 5; feeling special
May 18 no availability, paid rate $400 - big holiday weekend
Got the Mr/Mrs Smith email - Bergen Bors showing available for 34k May18, wouldn’t go through, CSR fixed it
Pricey but took it
Not quite sure why 2 comparable properties one block apart are priced so differently?
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Opus XVI is a SLH property, so unlike the new M/MS properties it follows the current Hyatt award chart.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
And after all my whinging about the lack of benefits and high prices of most properties, I just went ahead and booked my first stay at a Mr & Mrs Smith property

I’m usually a big hotel kinda person so this stay around Christmas in a property of 4 rooms (“suites”) total will be a new experience for me. But it’s Bali, so relatively affordable for what it is. Very curious now!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 9:42 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Considering that many MMS properties did not join Hyatt and never will, I wonder if Hyatt will consider renewing the MMS gift card sale in the future under similar conditions. It would give Hyatt members a back door access to MMS properties who did not join. And for MMS hotels who have joined, then it would give two competing choices of platform how to book: either via Hyatt's website or via MMS gift cards. Or was the gift card sale only a bridge measure which will never come back?
joachimm likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
And after all my whinging about the lack of benefits and high prices of most properties, I just went ahead and booked my first stay at a Mr & Mrs Smith property

I’m usually a big hotel kinda person so this stay around Christmas in a property of 4 rooms (“suites”) total will be a new experience for me. But it’s Bali, so relatively affordable for what it is. Very curious now!
Bali is still a very affordable destination. There are certainly some "real" Hyatt brands there that look super cheap compared to the number of points you'd need to stay at those brands elsewhere. And there are so many interesting independent, boutique hotels at all levels of luxury at low prices. Are MMS properties really competitive against those options?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Is the integration even working? I tried to book a hotel on Friday and kept getting an error on my credit card and now not seeing a single hotel showing space to book (with points or $) on Hyatt.com or the app?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Is the integration even working? I tried to book a hotel on Friday and kept getting an error on my credit card and now not seeing a single hotel showing space to book (with points or $) on Hyatt.com or the app?
Yea, something seems amiss. Nothing available anymore, all of a sudden.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.