Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Very disappointing news if correct as none of the locations that have Mr&Mrs properties I was hoping for are included.

And I really don’t give a toss about those 9 plus or whatever category “super luxury properties” (yawn!). What Hyatt desperately needs is hotels in places that they don’t have anything but everyone else (Marriott, Hilton, Accor) does. I was hoping that this new deal would add to this but alas, it’s just more beach resorts in Mexico.

Total fail unless this is getting updated, especially from a non-US perspective.
est-gratuite and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:00 am

At first glance what was loaded for Europe screams "summer tourist 2024": some, but not all, MMS properties in Spain, Greece, Italy, France and UK. Properties in northern, central and eastern Europe were completely missing.

Now I do see a smattering of hotels elsewhere.

Even so, about 1/2 of the total are not bookable for the random May-Sep days I searched. Hard to tell if they are really sold out or just not participating yet.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:55 am

Prices too high. 196k/night is ridiculous. What’s that category 25?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM
Have only looked at a random smattering of hotels, but I see barely any value in this group so far. The highest cpp I'm getting is roughly 1.3, with lots of hotels clocking in at <1

Using dynamic pricing also makes searching a mess, there's 60 or so Greek Mr/Mrs Smith options, but if you want to see points prices, you have to click and search dates for all 60 of them individually
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:07 pm

Wow no free breakfast, no free parking on points stays, no waiving of resort fees. Poor dynamic pricing, barely any benefit for globalist (possible room upgrade which im sure hotels can mess with by having almost no base suites).

What are we getting really?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:42 pm
formerly smoaky

Setting aside the all over the place point redemptions this just makes their whole platform way more complicated and cluttered than it was with SLH.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM
Originally Posted by nycflyer17
Setting aside the all over the place point redemptions this just makes their whole platform way more complicated and cluttered than it was with SLH.

​​​​​​And they still haven't removed SLH from their maps/searches, making it more cluttered
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:07 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by dkc192
I don’t see any new properties listed or bookable yet. And when I filter the map for Mr and Mrs Smith-branded properties (at least the “brand” now shows up), I don’t see any either.
they are now selectable and bookable for e.g. tonight.

Last edited by 59Impala; Apr 24, 2024 at 11:00 pm
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
they ate now selectable and bookable for e.g. tonight.
I'm still seeing SLH properties and don't see MMS properties. Probably part of the control group :-(
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
We just styed at the Canfanc Estacion in northern Spain with MMS gift cards and the rate on Hyatt is less than we paid
We also stayed at the SLH Arima, which was then also a MMS property. So some of the SLH may still be bookable on Hyatt if they had this dual relationship.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by joachimm
I'm still seeing SLH properties and don't see MMS properties. Probably part of the control group :-(
Was the same for me earlier but now I can see them. Mostly completely bonkers-priced (whether money or points) mega-luxury properties, most of them completely insane.

Have, however, found some reasonably priced additions in New Zealand which is very welcome. There’s probably more out there but the search as of now is highly annoying without the prices showing on the map.

Also, and in my mind worst of it all, what happened to Globalist benefits? No free breakfast, no free parking on award nights, just some half-baked “Maybe an upgrade” which you just KNOW most of those $1000 plus properties with under 20 rooms will conveniently never have available.

Seems worse than SLH for now so all in all super disappointing.

Last edited by Sydneyberlin; Apr 24, 2024 at 6:28 pm
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:53 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
What Hyatt desperately needs is hotels in places that they don’t have anything but everyone else (Marriott, Hilton, Accor) does.
Considering the announced lack of elite benefits at MMS (no breakfast, no lounge, probably weak upgrades), I see it the other way around. In places where other chains have hotels, I don't need an MMS hotel without elite benefits if there is a Marriott, a Hilton, and an IHG hotel next door where I will get the bennies.

However in unique destinations with a lack of competition, having a MMS hotel available will be great and it will not sting to not have elite benefits because I would be staying at an independent hotel anyway, without benefits. At least now I get the chance to earn Hyatt points and EQNs whereas before I got nothing. With SLH I could not even do this economically because booking rooms for cash on Hyatt's website for SLH hotels was far more expensive than booking with the hotels direct. Now at least I am paying fair price with MMS.

For points redemptions it's the complete opposite as my comments for cash above. MMS will be 100% useless at 1.3cpp or less, whereas SLH had pockets of value. I will only use MMS for cash, never points.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:25 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by scubadu
The terms and conditions of the gift card promotion were very clear; no further EQNs to be granted when you make your actual stay. Think of it as "pre-buying" your EQNs. They are explicitly disallowing double dipping, at least per the terms and conditions of the promotion.

What will actually happen in practice? Who knows. Is it possible that once the integration is complete and you have a stay with your Hyatt loyalty number attached that the system could award you EQNs for the actual stay? Sure, anything can happen. But nobody here can know that yet. Strategically, you should assume that the T&Cs will be enforced and then anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise.
I think what you described that was supposed to happen, will actually happen as expected. From now on we have the choice of booking either on Hyatt's website or on MMS' website. For the former we get Hyatt EQNs, for the latter we can burn gift cards but no more EQNs.

Because I value Hyatt EQNs, I will burn my gift cards on the most expensive hotels. For the hotels less than 300 USD per night, booking on Hyatt will be better than MMS to maximize EQNs.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:01 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I looked at a few properties, and this is a huge win in my books.

The price for the same rate on Hyatt is equal to the price on MMS, and sometimes that's actually cheaper than booking direct with the property, plus the addition of a "Smith Extra".
You earn redeemable points, EQN and base points that count towards lifetime status on many top properties.
So essentially this is a bonus with no opportunity cost for earning Hyatt nights and points.

Redemptions are poor value, sure. But I don't think Hyatt has ever led anyone to believe otherwise, and given the arrangement MMS has with the hotels they market, I think it was obvious to many that it wasn't going to happen.
But you wouldn't judge a program by its worse uses, you judge it by the sweet spot (or a sweet spot that you could reasonably take advantage of).

I'm sure they'll slowly integrate more hotels into Hyatt's system; this is just the first day.
UA-NYC, BOSTwin and escape4 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
For points redemptions it's the complete opposite as my comments for cash above. MMS will be 100% useless at 1.3cpp or less, whereas SLH had pockets of value. I will only use MMS for cash, never points.
Indeed. As a Globalist, it's hard to imagine why I'd redeem points at this penny-a-point level with no benefits. It's just sad. When MMS was at IHG, there were at least a few redemptions that made sense.
Sydneyberlin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.