Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:27 pm

SLH was a loser because you had to book through Hyatt which almost always forced a 10-50% premium in price that was well in excess of the value of the Hyatt credit/points. If a similar situation happens here, it will be a similar failure. Obviously this is also different in that Hyatt simply bought the booking channel, unlike SLH which was nominally a tie up or alliance of sorts...so I expect even less here. Hopefully we will see something of value.
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
SLH was a loser because you had to book through Hyatt which almost always forced a 10-50% premium in price that was well in excess of the value of the Hyatt credit/points. If a similar situation happens here, it will be a similar failure. Obviously this is also different in that Hyatt simply bought the booking channel, unlike SLH which was nominally a tie up or alliance of sorts...so I expect even less here. Hopefully we will see something of value.
Right. SLH was only good for redemptions, which weren't without problems, but were sometimes valuable. Mr & Mrs Smith wasn't typically so good for IHG redemptions, but I did once reasonably redeem for a boutique property in Coba, Mexico that was quite fun. No way to know what Hyatt will do for us until they announce it,
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:22 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
So,I recieved my M&MS Gift Cards today. Nicely Packaged, Delivered By Fed Ex. But the Bigger question is where & when do I use them. Hyatt?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TRANSWORLDMARINE
So,I recieved my M&MS Gift Cards today. Nicely Packaged, Delivered By Fed Ex. But the Bigger question is where & when do I use them. Hyatt?
Well, hopefully one would have researched/understood that before spending money on said gift cards

Not sure what you want/need/expect from Hyatt, but their is no action required (nor even any further integration progress required) from them in order for you to use the gift cards. The terms and conditions, which you hopefully read before purchasing, pretty clearly tell you how to use the gift cards. You simply use the gift cards for stays booked via the M&MS website. The where and the when are left up to you. You already received your EQNs/points when you purchased the cards so there are not further benefits coming when you use them.

In terms of the "where" and "when" how is Hyatt supposed to help you with that?

Regards
craigthemif and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
You can use them on mrandmrssmith.com to book hotels, whenever and wherever you want to travel.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Staying at the Canfranc Estación property in northern Spain. We booked a standard room with breakfast. We were upgraded to a junior suite and we were given free valet parking. I did tell them I was a Hyatt Globalist at check-in but I am unsure if that had anything to do with the extra benefits. Its a great hotel with great staff in the Pyrenees on the French border.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Staying at the Canfranc Estación property in northern Spain. We booked a standard room with breakfast. We were upgraded to a junior suite and we were given free valet parking. I did tell them I was a Hyatt Globalist at check-in but I am unsure if that had anything to do with the extra benefits. Its a great hotel with great staff in the Pyrenees on the French border.
Oh one odd thing: Canfranc Estación is also a Barceló property. I wonder how this is going to work!
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:07 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
I was hoping to get some information from Hyatt and see If Globalist get any Benefits and when they will be integrated.That is what Hyatt mentioned, that wait till there is an Official announcement of Integration & Benefits, either way, I got 20 nights of credit, courtesy of M&MS.That qualified me for another year of Globalist.
Thank you for your response.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:42 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I was hoping to get some information from Hyatt and see If Globalist get any Benefits and when they will be integrated.That is what Hyatt mentioned, that wait till there is an Official announcement of Integration & Benefits, either way, I got 20 nights of credit, courtesy of M&MS.That qualified me for another year of Globalist.
Thank you for your response.
If there's a particular MMS property you're interested in, I suggest you book a refundable rate at it now. There's no assurance the property will continue with MMS as Hyatt completes the integration, or that the pricing will remain the same. You already know you won't get points or qualifying nights, so the only question is in-hotel benes. It seems very unlikely to me that your status wouldn't be noted, and you'd get whatever a Glob would get after integration.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:11 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I'm really curious how the existing gift certificates will be handled going forward. I bought $300 worth, got the elite night credit, and just returned from a Mr. & Mrs. Smith stay that did not use up all of the gift card. The gift card is only usable for room and taxes, not resort fee, meals or incidentals, so I both had a large bill (resort fee, dinner for 2, breakfast for 2) for my one-night stay and still have $30-ish on the gift card. If I use this after integration, will I not get stay credit (EQNs) for the stay? I can't see how the ability to use the cards for on-property charges will change after the integration, if Hyatt is just sliding into the Mr. & Mrs. Smith space. So, maybe I'll have to split a stay and/or forego a night's EQN to use the remaining gift card balance?
Old Apr 20, 2024, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by slocouple
I'm really curious how the existing gift certificates will be handled going forward. I bought $300 worth, got the elite night credit, and just returned from a Mr. & Mrs. Smith stay that did not use up all of the gift card. The gift card is only usable for room and taxes, not resort fee, meals or incidentals, so I both had a large bill (resort fee, dinner for 2, breakfast for 2) for my one-night stay and still have $30-ish on the gift card. If I use this after integration, will I not get stay credit (EQNs) for the stay? I can't see how the ability to use the cards for on-property charges will change after the integration, if Hyatt is just sliding into the Mr. & Mrs. Smith space. So, maybe I'll have to split a stay and/or forego a night's EQN to use the remaining gift card balance?
The terms and conditions of the gift card promotion were very clear; no further EQNs to be granted when you make your actual stay. Think of it as "pre-buying" your EQNs. They are explicitly disallowing double dipping, at least per the terms and conditions of the promotion.

What will actually happen in practice? Who knows. Is it possible that once the integration is complete and you have a stay with your Hyatt loyalty number attached that the system could award you EQNs for the actual stay? Sure, anything can happen. But nobody here can know that yet. Strategically, you should assume that the T&Cs will be enforced and then anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise.

Regards
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
The terms and conditions of the gift card promotion were very clear; no further EQNs to be granted when you make your actual stay. Think of it as "pre-buying" your EQNs. They are explicitly disallowing double dipping, at least per the terms and conditions of the promotion.

What will actually happen in practice? Who knows. Is it possible that once the integration is complete and you have a stay with your Hyatt loyalty number attached that the system could award you EQNs for the actual stay? Sure, anything can happen. But nobody here can know that yet. Strategically, you should assume that the T&Cs will be enforced and then anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise.

Regards
I agree. It's just that I had always figured to use the $300 all in one stay and not have to worry about it, and now I findmyself with 30-something dollars left on a gift card and trying to figure how best to use it. I wonder if I had booked a room and breakfast rate (as we did eat a delicious breakfast on site) it would have taken all of the gift card at booking? In this case, there weren't room + breakfast rates available, IIRC, but it might be a work around for some who are staying at less-expensive properties.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by slocouple
I agree. It's just that I had always figured to use the $300 all in one stay and not have to worry about it, and now I findmyself with 30-something dollars left on a gift card and trying to figure how best to use it. I wonder if I had booked a room and breakfast rate (as we did eat a delicious breakfast on site) it would have taken all of the gift card at booking? In this case, there weren't room + breakfast rates available, IIRC, but it might be a work around for some who are staying at less-expensive properties.
Personally, I just wouldn't waste much emotional energy over $30 but that is just me. This is always a risk with gift cards unless you ensure you book something where the gift card is fully consumed and you have a remaining balance that you pay with a credit. If I recall, the T&Cs were pretty clear that the gift cards could only be used for the room rate, not other things so hopefully one would have planned with that in mind.

Obviously, if you do a future stay at a M&MS you could apply the $30 and then pay the balance with another form of payment.

Regards
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:49 am

Integration live, sort of?

Interesting Awardwallet article stating 700 properties will be included once this goes live today
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I don’t see any new properties listed or bookable yet. And when I filter the map for Mr and Mrs Smith-branded properties (at least the “brand” now shows up), I don’t see any either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.