Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr and Mrs Smith / Hyatt Integration Teaser Announcement and Gift Card Promo [2023]

Mr and Mrs Smith / Hyatt Integration Teaser Announcement and Gift Card Promo [2023]

Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kirk T
According to FAQ, cannot double dip.
https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com/detail...ards?FAQs=true

"Will nights stayed using the gift card as payment count as eligible nights for tier credit?No, stays using these gift cards will not be considered eligible for points or tier credit."
Thatís unfortunate but is understandable. Kills the deal unfortunately versus regular booking with the WoH card when (presumably) thatís possible.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
My guess is that reservations made through the M&MS web site do not, and never will, earn qualifying nights or Hyatt points, regardless of the method of payment. And I guess that once it is possible to book M&MS hotels via the Hyatt web site, those bookings will earn qualifying nights and Hyatt points.

I see the current way of selling the gift cards with the additional EQN and points as a bridge to allow stays in M&MS hotels to indirectly earn Hyatt points and EQN benefits.
Thanks - I guess it's favorable in the sense each EQN costs $300 here vs a stay at a M&MS will likely costs more than $300 per night. Not seeing anywhere if there is a limit on how many EQN can be earned this way...
Old Nov 1, 2023, 10:28 pm

I supposed the best part is paying 300 for each EQN but stays in each M&MS likely costs more than 300 per night. So you can be paying 3k to receive 10 EQN but actual stays in M&MS are less than 10 nights.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:19 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shfflz
Thanks - I guess it's favorable in the sense each EQN costs $300 here vs a stay at a M&MS will likely costs more than $300 per night. Not seeing anywhere if there is a limit on how many EQN can be earned this way...
It says maximum 60 EQNnvia purchases of these gift cards.
So actually you can buy Globalist for 18.000 USD in MMS gift cards both this year and next year, so 2x18.000 for globalist if you would have no other EQNs.

But this way it doesn't make any sense. It is a nice bridge if you actually want to stay at MMS properties and buy your gift cards in advance to lay for it when booking.

For earning globalist you can stay at low tier Hyatt's for 60 nights for less money.
​​
Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Booking rooms on Mr & Mrs Smith's website is more expensive than booking with the hotels directly. That's the same problem as when booking on Hyatt's website for SLH hotels - you will earn Hyatt nights (and points), but you are essentially paying extra to get those nights...
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
So I got the promo email, the promotion goes through March? Does that mean no actual integration until then? I saw a hotel in Crete for 54 bucks a night and as a digital nomad... I might would do this. No qualifying nights though eh? Just the night I earn for the gift cards? Hmmm...
the math on this is not great. If you stay 6 nights for $324, you'd only need one $300 gift card and thus earn only one qualifying night.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Kirk T
According to FAQ, cannot double dip.
https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com/detail...ards?FAQs=true

"Will nights stayed using the gift card as payment count as eligible nights for tier credit?No, stays using these gift cards will not be considered eligible for points or tier credit."
I'd bet $100 that these gift card purchased today will allow double-dipping. You get the EQNs today for the gift card purchase and you'll get stay EQNs in 2024/2025 for MMS stay booked via Hyatt & paid with these gift cards. The above warning is relevant only during this interregnum before WoH participation. Hyatt has never & likely does not possess the technical ability to treat Hyatt-booked stays differently based upon folio payment via Visa vs. via a gift card.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by rota
It says maximum 60 EQNnvia purchases of these gift cards.
So actually you can buy Globalist for 18.000 USD in MMS gift cards both this year and next year, so 2x18.000 for globalist if you would have no other EQNs.

But this way it doesn't make any sense. It is a nice bridge if you actually want to stay at MMS properties and buy your gift cards in advance to lay for it when booking.

For earning globalist you can stay at low tier Hyatt's for 60 nights for less money.
​​
Yup this only makes sense if you want to stay at MMS properties. Fortunately I have a few in mind that I want to stay in (Datai, Six Senses, etc.), which is perfect since I can earn more EQN through the GCs now.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
So if I spend $15K on gift cards on Jan 1 2024 with my WoH Visa and have Explorist status at the time, I get:

- 50 EQNs for buying gift cards
- 5 EQNs for having WoH Visa
- 6 EQNs for spending $15K on WoH Visa
- Hyatt Globalist status until Feb 2026
- 1 free night award for spending $15K on WoH Visa
- 75K Hyatt base points
- 60K Hyatt bonus points for WoH Visa spend
- 15K Hyatt Explorist bonus points
- Milestone awards: 1 cat1-4 free night, 1 cat1-7 free night, 4 suite upgrades, $100 Hyatt GC

Is the above correct? Am I missing something? The MMS gift cards don't expire, so no rush to use and/or sell them. Doing this is a little bit tempting...
LilZeppelin likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
So if I spend $15K on gift cards on Jan 1 2024 with my WoH Visa and have Explorist status at the time, I get:

- 50 EQNs for buying gift cards
- 5 EQNs for having WoH Visa
- 6 EQNs for spending $15K on WoH Visa
- Hyatt Globalist status until Feb 2026
- 1 free night award for spending $15K on WoH Visa
- 75K Hyatt base points
- 60K Hyatt bonus points for WoH Visa spend
- 15K Hyatt Explorist bonus points
- Milestone awards: 1 cat1-4 free night, 1 cat1-7 free night, 4 suite upgrades, $100 Hyatt GC

Is the above correct? Am I missing something? The MMS gift cards don't expire, so no rush to use and/or sell them. Doing this is a little bit tempting...
you lose $800 taxable dollars a year in foregone money market dividends. why do you think Chase will credit 4x for these gift card purchases?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:54 pm

Why stop there? Might as well spend $200k (less depending on the number of base points you already have) to get to 1 million base points and lifetime globalist
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:33 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
I'd bet $100 that these gift card purchased today will allow double-dipping. You get the EQNs today for the gift card purchase and you'll get stay EQNs in 2024/2025 for MMS stay booked via Hyatt & paid with these gift cards. The above warning is relevant only during this interregnum before WoH participation. Hyatt has never & likely does not possess the technical ability to treat Hyatt-booked stays differently based upon folio payment via Visa vs. via a gift card.
I'll take that bet !

The FAQ is pretty clear ...

"Will I receive World of Hyatt Base Points for my stay in addition to the points I earn when purchasing the gift cards?

No, purchases made with these gift cards toward hotel stays will not be eligible for additional World of Hyatt Base Points. These gift cards must be used on Mr and Mrs Smith website https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/, and World of Hyatt points will only be awarded with a qualifying purchase of the gift card. The Mr and Mrs Smith website is not and will not be an eligible booking channel to earn World of Hyatt points."
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by skj
I'll take that bet !

The FAQ is pretty clear ...

"Will I receive World of Hyatt Base Points for my stay in addition to the points I earn when purchasing the gift cards?

No, purchases made with these gift cards toward hotel stays will not be eligible for additional World of Hyatt Base Points. These gift cards must be used on Mr and Mrs Smith website https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/, and World of Hyatt points will only be awarded with a qualifying purchase of the gift card. The Mr and Mrs Smith website is not and will not be an eligible booking channel to earn World of Hyatt points."
You're not engaging with the argument. At some point in the near future, MMS properties will be available for booking paid stays via Hyatt channels and WoH will award stay credit for such stays (like SLH paid stays). It is quite a stretch to think WoH will go through the IT effort to have folio line item level review and invalidate stays where a single $1 of the folio is paid via a gift card. The above FAQ answer is for the gun jumpers who'd otherwise think MMS is now WoH integrated.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:31 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
You're not engaging with the argument. At some point in the near future, MMS properties will be available for booking paid stays via Hyatt channels and WoH will award stay credit for such stays (like SLH paid stays). It is quite a stretch to think WoH will go through the IT effort to have folio line item level review and invalidate stays where a single $1 of the folio is paid via a gift card. The above FAQ answer is for the gun jumpers who'd otherwise think MMS is now WoH integrated.
Let me bold the relevant pieces of what I quoted. There are multiple booking platforms, including hyatt.com and mrandmrssmith.com. The gift cards may only be used on one of them, mrandmrssmith.com (and must be used on that site; they cannot be used at a property or any other site). However, bookings made via mrandmrssmith.com will not earn points or TQNs. If one wants to earn points or TQNs, the stay must be booked via hyatt.com or other authorized booking channels, and it would not be possible to use a gift card on such a stay. Hyatt IT doesn't have to do a thing.

Do we have a bet?

Will I receive World of Hyatt Base Points for my stay in addition to the points I earn when purchasing the gift cards?

No, purchases made with these gift cards toward hotel stays will not be eligible for additional World of Hyatt Base Points. These gift cards must be used on Mr and Mrs Smith website https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/, and World of Hyatt points will only be awarded with a qualifying purchase of the gift card. The Mr and Mrs Smith website is not and will not be an eligible booking channel to earn World of Hyatt points.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:48 pm

do you really think the White Water Inn in Cambria, CA would refuse to accept a MMS gift card to settle the folio at checkout in 2025 on a paid (not prepaid) stay booked at Hyatt.com? i don’t even think that would be legal under california law. gift cards are consumed at checkout, not at booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.