Hyatt Acquires Mr and Mrs Smith

Old May 3, 2023, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by merrickdb
Per Skift, Mr & Mrs Smith has actually lost money in each of the past few years:
Those losses are pretty minimal. With synergies from Hyatt that could easily be turned into profitable
Old May 3, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Whether or not I ever stay at these properties, I love that this shuts up all the Marriott/Hilton loyalist whiners who endlessly say "wahhhhhhhh Hyatt has too small a footprint". Never mind that ~2/3 of those portfolios are limited service hotels along the interstates in the US.
Hyatt's footprint is smaller than Marriott and Hilton even without the limited hotels along the US interstate. Nothing whiny about stating facts. What's wrong with being a Hyatt loyalist and wanting them to deliver even more properties where we can enjoy our status and their lovely hotels?
Old May 4, 2023, 10:00 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
For those Alila Ventana fans, the Post Ranch Inn will now be an option.
Hollywood elite legends have stayed at the Post Ranch Inn.
I've dined there but never ended up staying there.That's a property I would book in a heartbeat
if it can even be booked on points.Either the crazy prices kept me away or their min stay requirements.
I always ended up elsewhere.Hopefully it doesn't stray away when the deal closes in the second quarter.
Would book that over any Big Sur property without question

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 6, 2023 at 9:11 pm
Old May 5, 2023, 5:11 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hyatt's footprint is smaller than Marriott and Hilton even without the limited hotels along the US interstate. Nothing whiny about stating facts. What's wrong with being a Hyatt loyalist and wanting them to deliver even more properties where we can enjoy our status and their lovely hotels?
There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that, like most things in life, Hyatt is not perfect and has plenty of room for improvement. Youre definitely in the majority.
Old May 5, 2023, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
My original quote referenced "Marriott/Hilton loyals", not "Hyatt loyals"...the point I was making is that, much like during all the Starwood years, and now continuing w/Hyatt, the loyals of those bigger mega-chains will always say "bbbbbbut hotel footprint!"...this massively closes the gap.

Of course, we all want more properties (and hopefully more in the full service / higher end realm)...but again, much like past SPG loyalty, "we" are loyal to Hyatt despite the smaller footprint (as we make the trade-off by enjoying the best hotel loyalty program bar none).
Old May 5, 2023, 6:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When the footprint grows a lot and the footprint crosses more variable grounds, elite status customers of the hotel loyalty program are more likely to see a dilution of the status benefits at any given property than when the program catered to a smaller pool of hotels. Just look at the path traveled by Hilton and Marriott and — in its own way — even IHG properties.

But these companies have management and shareholders who have this sort of “grow by eating or get eaten” mentality, and so I would be more surprised if the value I get out of of the Hyatt program benefits were to hold up — forget about advancing — with substantial growth in Hyatt’s footprint around the world. But for now, I’m running the game with Hyatt to run up the 20 night Globalists with no comparable interest to do so with a Hilton and Marriott where the most comparable status can be simply bought for a bank card fee.
UA-NYC and TravelinSperry like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 9:54 am

M&MS extends SilverSmith and GoldSmith benefits for IHG bookings, depending on IHG member status (GoldSmith for AMB/Royal AMB/Inner Circle). I would assume the Hyatt partnership would work in a similar manner. This is definitely bad news for IHG members, as these properties added some much-needed variety to their portfolio in Europe. I stayed with them on two of my last three trips, and I found them to be much preferable to the alternatives. I even got an upgrade to an ocean-view villa in Corfu on an IHG award stay as a Platinum Ambassador. Fortunately for me, I have burned most of my IHG points and have been focusing more on Hyatt in the last couple years.
Old May 12, 2023, 10:58 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hyatt showed the below graphic off during their Investor Day conference as a sign of how their Europe footprint could grow with the M&MS acquisition. If this is a sign for how much they truly plan on integrating the portfolio within WoH, I'm going to be a very happy camper.

khabah

Old May 12, 2023, 11:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Its an interesting data set - far from all of the hotels on Mr and Mrs Smith, so I wonder what it represents. It would be great for me, and I would absolutely shift business over to those hotels as Im quite keen on Hyatt points and working to lifetime Globalist at the moment.
WasKnown and PJJtraveler like this.
Old May 12, 2023, 11:24 am

Thank you for posting the graphic/chart. It really helps put it into perspective visually!! Wow!! Exciting
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 11:26 am
Community Director Emerita

I appreciate all the news you bring us, khabah
Old May 12, 2023, 11:31 am

~$70m for a booking platform travel club isnt even half the amount to acquire say Alila Ventana. At best Hyatt may get to convert some of these properties under the Hyatt umbrella and/or allow points accrual and maybe redemption a la SLH. At worst, itll be the same as the original MAMS operations with some Smiths Extra benefits for elite members. But to think that Hyatt members can just waltz in at say the Rosewood, Aman, or Six Senses properties and be basked with Hyatt elite benefits (because that is what everyone is looking for), is highly unlikely. Will be happy if otherwise. Someone mentioned 10% of the properties would be good, hopefully its the right 10% of the properties.
Old May 12, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Thanks for sharing!
Looks like participation rate in some countries (eg Germany) is very low?
Old May 12, 2023, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by khabah
Hyatt showed the below graphic off during their Investor Day conference as a sign of how their Europe footprint could grow with the M&MS acquisition. If this is a sign for how much they truly plan on integrating the portfolio within WoH, I'm going to be a very happy camper.

khabah

Smells like a lot of nice top half of the Hyatt Award chart properties to me!
Old May 12, 2023, 6:58 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Smells like a lot of nice top half of the Hyatt Award chart properties to me!
For those that can afford them, yes. This is great news for top half people! 😃

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.