Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Florence - Mr and Mrs Smith

Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond

There are around 7 Mr and Mrs Smith property’s - they all look nice
Any recommendations, I see points run from 40k-77k - 2 night stay, we have 145k
We would like nice in the middle of the tourist area, April trip so hopefully not to crowded.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EP, IHG DIAMOND, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres club
I've been keeping an eye on your post hoping to see some helpful information. I am planning a trip to Florence for 4 nights in late March, 2023. We picked the Mr/Mrs Smith Continentel. It looked like the Firenze one was closer to the train station and the main part of town, but it wasn't available for all of our stay and we didn't want to have to change hotels. Haven't stayed at a Mr/Mrs Smith before, but it was nice to have so many to choose from in Florence. Curious to see if Status gets us anything on an award stay. Have a great time!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
We also chose the Continentel, the booking was weird.
On line said 50k per night , my wife had 156k, but I couldn’t get it to go through. - called CSA said it’s 60k/n
I logged back in and sure enough it now said 60k this was all in 5 minutes
MR and Mrs Smith agent then said no problem, added 24k to her account no charge and booked us 3 nights.
The reviews on TA are really good, everybody loves the location
Bipolar Cyclops likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EP, IHG DIAMOND, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres club
Just got back from my trip to Italy. Stayed in Florence 4 nights at the Mr/Mrs Smith Continentale hotel. Couldnt have been happier with the pick.
Pros: Fantastic location. Quick walk everywhere we wanted to go: Staff were exceptional. Helpful in every way they could be. ROOM Very nice room with walk in closet. Rooftop bar closed, but accessible for great pictures and view of the city

Cons: No food options on site. Not even a coffee maker in the room. TBH didn't miss it because there were so many cafes/bakery/restaurants nearby.

NOTE: I added a reply to the main Mr and Mrs Thread with some pics if you want to check them out.

Last edited by Bipolar Cyclops; Mar 31, 2023 at 12:44 pm Reason: accidently hit the save button before finishing typing
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:43 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

After the aquisition of the Mr & Mrs. Smith chain by Hyatt, we move this thread to the newly created subforum of the World of Hyatt Forum

FLYGVA & jpdx
moderators of the IHG Forum
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
this thread was moved from ihg to hyatt when they acquired the mr&mrs partnership in june 2023.
Some references above may not apply to the property after the transfer.

hyatt mod team

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.