Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr and Mrs Smith Hotels - Where to stay in Iceland?

Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*

There seems to be little IHG presence in Iceland except for the Kvosin Hotel in Reykjavik and the Retreat at the Blue Lagoon - both are bookable through the IHG website, but there appears to be no rewards nights on 3-4 random dates. Exploring the Mr and Mrs Smith website, there are 6 hotels listed in Iceland; any ideas on whether these others will be bookable on IHG in the future. Also has anyone had any luck using rewards points?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: SW, IHG
I was able to book 4 nights(4th night free) at the Kvosin hotel for October. Booked this a few months ago.

The Blue Lagoon was not available and the rates are outrageous. No idea on other locations over there but hopefully.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It’s my understanding that not all Mr & Mrs hotels joined the partnership with IHG and if they aren’t listed then it’s more than likely that they didn’t.

of course that could change in the future - not that it helps you now.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I was considering the Kvosin Hotel and saw off and on availability for 75000 points. I was looking in April or May for days in late June and early July. I ended up going with different hotels though.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:49 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

After the aquisition of the Mr & Mrs. Smith chain by Hyatt, we move this thread to the newly created subforum of the World of Hyatt Forum

FLYGVA & jpdx
moderators of the IHG Forum
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
this thread was moved from ihg to hyatt when they acquired the mr&mrs partnership in june 2023.
Some references above may not apply to the property after the transfer.

hyatt mod team

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.