Congressman Jefferson cool over cash bribes in freezer

Old May 23, 2006, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Congressman Jefferson cool over cash bribes in freezer

Busted!
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...150255173.html

'IT TAKES a particular kind of nerve to be filmed taking $US100,000 ($133,000) in alleged bribe money out of an FBI informant's car, have the FBI later find the very same money wrapped in foil in your freezer - and then adamantly claim that you have done nothing wrong.

'...an 83-page FBI affidavit made public over the weekend - after a raid of his congressional office - alleges Mr Jefferson was caught on video taking a certificate for a 30 per cent stake in a Nigerian company in exchange for his political influence, and intervening with the vice-president of Nigeria'.

Here's the cool bit...
'While his Democratic colleagues hope he resigns, Mr Jefferson said he planned to stand for re-election, adding, "I have been extraordinarily effective."

'A reporter asked: "If you didn't take a $US100,000 bribe, why not just say it now?"

'"I simply will decline to answer," he replied, displaying the cool of a man who keeps his cash in the freezer'.
Old May 24, 2006, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by BiziBB
Busted!
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...150255173.html

'IT TAKES a particular kind of nerve to be filmed taking $US100,000 ($133,000) in alleged bribe money out of an FBI informant's car, have the FBI later find the very same money wrapped in foil in your freezer - and then adamantly claim that you have done nothing wrong.

'...an 83-page FBI affidavit made public over the weekend - after a raid of his congressional office - alleges Mr Jefferson was caught on video taking a certificate for a 30 per cent stake in a Nigerian company in exchange for his political influence, and intervening with the vice-president of Nigeria'.

Here's the cool bit...
'While his Democratic colleagues hope he resigns, Mr Jefferson said he planned to stand for re-election, adding, "I have been extraordinarily effective."

'A reporter asked: "If you didn't take a $US100,000 bribe, why not just say it now?"

'"I simply will decline to answer," he replied, displaying the cool of a man who keeps his cash in the freezer'.
Where is the outrage on this board?This guy should be in jail...
-howie
Old May 24, 2006, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Interesting, this is the first thread on found on this. It is on page three and has one reply in over 24 hours. Whereas I did a search for Tom Delay threads and there was over a page of threads with the one about his indictment having well over 100 replies the first day. I just find this interesting.
Old May 24, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Where is the outrage on this board?This guy should be in jail...
-howie
Everyone knows he was set up by GWB.
Old May 24, 2006, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Busted!
Are you effin kidding me? Dude, please do a search or at least glance at the first page of posts. We don't need another thread about this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560759
Old May 24, 2006, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by outtolunch
Are you effin kidding me? Dude, please do a search or at least glance at the first page of posts. We don't need another thread about this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560759
Thanks for that tone of response...

I DID search OMNI for the keyword Jefferson and received no similar threads (at that time), but later found the other thread via new posts. A simple search is insufficient if searching for names, so I will need to perform an advanced search every time.

Feel free to delete or close this thread, or abuse me further

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.