Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Free Car Rentals in exchange for Frequent Flyer Miles - Which Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Car Rentals in exchange for Frequent Flyer Miles - Which Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Question Free Car Rentals in exchange for Frequent Flyer Miles - Which Airlines?

Can anyone tell me which airline frequent flyer miles can be used in exchange for car rental coupons?

American will let you exchange 10,000 miles for a two-day Alamo coupon, and allow you to use three of these coupons (meaning you can get 6 consecutive days for free). Alamo told me that they will permit you to use as many as 7 coupons (but some of those would have to be from someone besides American Airlines). Does anyone know which airline frequent flyer programs allow you to exchange miles for rental car coupons? Any that can be used with Alamo?

I'm not an expert by any means at what these programs offer, so any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:41 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
on which ff programs do you have miles/pts?....perhaps a visit to those sites would get you started.....i'm only familiar w/aa....good luck...
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
United Airlines lets you redeem miles with Alamo, Budget and Dollar. I've used Air Canada Aeroplan miles for car rentals with National. They can also be used at Avis and Hertz.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: Many
AF/KL Flying Blue does that but the amount of miles needed to redeem is outrageously high : 150,000 miles for a 7 consecutive days mid-size at Avis or Hertz.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by yule_boy
United Airlines lets you redeem miles with Alamo, Budget and Dollar. I've used Air Canada Aeroplan miles for car rentals with National. They can also be used at Avis and Hertz.
Not quite. I believe you have to be an elite member with UA to get these awards.

Mileage Plus Car Awards

As an elite member you can qualify for two consecutive days or two consecutive weekend days free* when you use your miles with Avis, National, Alamo or Hertz.

*Taxes and fees not included
Terms and conditions for Mileage Plus hotel and car awards
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
United has updated their hotel/car program - it appears to be open to all members now.

https://hotelandcarawards.mileageplu.../arc.cfm?tab=r

I ran a couple of sample bookings right when this version of the program was announced. My unscientific conclusion is that there are fair (1.2-1.5 cpm) values for car rentals and brutally poor (well under 0.5 cpm) values for hotels.

Like most car rental award programs, it only becomes useful for very high cost rentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.