Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

This is actually the first time that I thought about bringing a poster to Randy's attention.
</font>
Me too; even though I'm against the proliferating "Time Out for So-and-So" requests, one would not be out of place in this egregious case.

------------------
Vasant

[Edited for typo]

[This message has been edited by vasantn (edited Mar 24, 2004).]
Old Mar 24, 2004, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Just as comments shouldn't get personal, comments commenting on comments that have gotten personal are also off-topic.

I've had off-line discussions with more than one member. Please keep the meta-discussions about proper posting off-line. Please confine the discussion to the topic.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This thread is for the discussion of finding availability in specific inventory buckets -- and the conversation is taking place in MilesBuzz, specifically finding availability in award (free seats and upgrade, various classes of service) buckets.</font>
Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Mar 24, 2004, 4:53 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Just as comments shouldn't get personal, comments commenting on comments that have gotten personal are also off-topic.</font>
I think it is fair to show a voice of support for someone who has done a great service to the community to help everyone finding availability in award (free seats and upgrade, various classes of service) buckets when he gets unfairly attacked for no apparent reason. That is not off-topic, since the one who started the personal attacks also implied that the tool is useless for finding availability in award (free seats and upgrade, various classes of service) buckets.

Old Mar 24, 2004, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smile67:
Hi AA Flyer,

generally it's no problem to replace F4 with F7 for this special AA case, but the output of the tool is the real CRS output and if you see F4 it is the entry in the CRS/database. I don't think that it is a good idea to change the CRS output for several special cases (perhaps your case is one of many cases and next time someone wants UA B4 -&gt; B8, perhaps it's only a temporary thing or perhaps sometimes F4 is ok??) - i don't know if it's exact or not and the tool can't differ, but it's real CRS output?! Think about it ...

[This message has been edited by smile67 (edited Mar 22, 2004).]
</font>
Matthias, I do not want you to change the CRS output..... But....Do you know why, on the ITN / Amex booking site, for AA (if there are more than 7 available) the reponse for first class avaialbility is F7. And not F4. Accordingly (on ITN) if there are only 6 seats available, the reponse is F6... and so on.

So what I am wondering is...... can your tool report back those results.... with regards to AA's first class availability. IE.... when there are more than 4 seats available (up to 7) show us F5, f6, and F7.?

Thanks again for a great tool.

[This message has been edited by AA Flyer (edited Mar 24, 2004).]
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:13 pm
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AA Flyer:
Matthias, I do not want you to change the CRS output..... But....Do you know why, on the ITN / Amex booking site, for AA (if there are more than 7 available) the reponse for first class avaialbility is F7. And not F4. Accordingly (on ITN) if there are only 6 seats available, the reponse is F6... and so on.

So what I am wondering is...... can your tool report back those results.... with regards to AA's first class availability. IE.... when there are more than 4 seats available (up to 7) show us F5, f6, and F7.?

</font>
If there are generally differences i've no explanation... It's the real CRS output, but maybe there are reasons why. I have to ask someone of our travel- experts, if there is an explanation they can give. If i find out any reason i will post it later on (next hours)...

Old Mar 25, 2004, 12:04 am
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Just as comments shouldn't get personal, comments commenting on comments that have gotten personal are also off-topic.

I've had off-line discussions with more than one member. Please keep the meta-discussions about proper posting off-line. Please confine the discussion to the topic. Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
</font>
Hi Gary,

i don't think that it is necessary to exclude anyone from this forum -in this case it sounds like making a martyr.
But nevertheless you forget, who repeatedly started this kind of posting without real reason... It's normal that there are reactions and all the contra comments are proportionately not very personal -i think!
So sorry, but for me your remarks are a little bit weak and unfair especially against the members who are "angry" (even though they aren't directly concerned) and only want to help (me - if i need or not).
I'm not interested in starting a new discussion and it's easy to abort this. So please kill my profil, i can't find any button to do this. And be sure i'm not angry...

Old Mar 25, 2004, 12:58 am
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AA Flyer:

[This message has been edited by AA Flyer (edited Mar 24, 2004).]
</font>
Ok, i spoke with some experts and there's no real explanation for this "problem".
I looked in Amadeus and there you can see F7 - 7 seats (sometimes 6 or less for example too). But it isn't sure that 7 is real availability!
This seems to be a marketing strategy of the airline (and perhaps first class), 7 or 4 probably both data isn't true -perhaps there are only 3 seats available or perhaps 10... In this case the seatmap function gives no real information too (not each booking is registered as a special seat, so you perhaps can see 8 free seats, but only 4 availabilities), there's no way to handle these cases exactly -sorry.

Old Mar 25, 2004, 2:24 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Different airlines are affiliated to different CRS therefore the way different CRS show the numbers may vary, but the total available seats are all the same no matter if it is cut of after 4 or 7 or 9 seats per bucket.

There is NO WAY to influence this!

------------------
Viele Grüße

Oliver
Old Mar 25, 2004, 2:28 am
Original Member

Gasry is WRONG and please STAY do not let the B--Heads win!

------------------
Viele Grüße

Oliver
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:03 am
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Germanfflyer:
Gasry is WRONG and please STAY do not let the B--Heads win!

</font>
Hi Oliver,

da wird mein Ehrgeiz leider falsch eingeschätzt, hier gibt's keine Gewinner oder Verlierer. Was mich betrifft, ich hab' hier eigentlich gar nichts verloren, bin schließlich kein "frequent flyer" und nur zufällig hier gelandet . Wer das Programm braucht soll's weiter nutzen und wer nicht...
Die Steitereien sind einzig und allein ermüdend und das Programm ist wie jedes andere Programm nur ein Programm... also viel Wind um nichts -als ob's nichts Wichtigeres gibt !

Old Mar 25, 2004, 5:11 am
Original Member

Ja, ja ich finde es nur sehr schade das ausgerechnet DIR dieser teilweise doch sehr fanatische Club hier so viel zu schaffen macht...
Aber ich glaube Du nimmst es sehr sportlich!

Ich bin ganz sicher, dass die "schweigende Mehrheit" Dein Programm SEHR zu schätzen weiss!

Viele haben dies auch schon gesagt und eigentlich ist dieser Verein hier auch recht lustig aber eben nicht alle....diese wollen Anderen alles kaputt machen....
Ich benutze das Programm auch regelmäßig, um bestimmte Buchungsklassen zu finden.

Ich finde JEDER gehört hier her, wenn er denn Spaß am Fliegen oder aber auch nur am Meinungsaustausch hat.

So und jetzt freue ich mich schon darauf, dass wieder einmal ein paaar Oberlehrer sich aufregen werden, weil wir hier in unserer Landessprache schreiben!

Ätschibätsch!!!!

------------------
Viele Grüße

Oliver
Old Mar 25, 2004, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smile67:
Ok, i spoke with some experts and there's no real explanation for this "problem".
I looked in Amadeus and there you can see F7 - 7 seats (sometimes 6 or less for example too). But it isn't sure that 7 is real availability!
This seems to be a marketing strategy of the airline (and perhaps first class), 7 or 4 probably both data isn't true -perhaps there are only 3 seats available or perhaps 10... In this case the seatmap function gives no real information too (not each booking is registered as a special seat, so you perhaps can see 8 free seats, but only 4 availabilities), there's no way to handle these cases exactly -sorry.
</font>

After the research that I have managed to do: the F7 (and f4) or a lesser number,that are reported ..... are CUT OFF points. I have found , for instance, if the CRS reports f7 there are AT LEAST 7 first class available to sell. In that CRS if there are any less (ie: f6 or f5, etc.) then there are ONLY 6 or five seats to sell, etc.

And I have found the same to be true.....I have found , for instance, if the CRS reports f4 there are AT LEAST 4 first class available to sell. In that CRS if there are any less (ie: f3 or f2, etc.) then there are ONLY 3 or 2 seats to sell, etc.

The reason I find this (f7) helpful...... is because if you are looking for an upgrade, the more ACTUAL, first class availble .....for sale ...... the better your chances are for an upgrade.

Again.... thx for the great tool.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 8:10 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Germanfflyer:
So und jetzt freue ich mich schon darauf, dass wieder einmal ein paaar Oberlehrer sich aufregen werden, weil wir hier in unserer Landessprache schreiben!

Ätschibätsch!!!!
</font>
Ja, ich zum Beispiel!

(Yes, me, for instance.)

Old Mar 25, 2004, 9:30 am

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak

The reason I find this (f7) helpful...... is because if you are looking for an upgrade, the more ACTUAL, first class availble .....for sale ...... the better your chances are for an upgrade.
</font>
The particular value of this tool is that you do not need to make these kinds of inferences: you can look at the actual upgrade inventory (e.g., C for coach-&gt;business on AA). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for United (fare code I).
Old Apr 2, 2004, 7:59 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, VS AG, SPG Gold, Priority Club/IHG Plat Ambassador, HHon Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Thanks for the mods in 1.63 Matthias, a good tool just got better! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.