Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Cygnus X-1, do us a favor and stay out of the discussion if you don't like the tool. We are all very grateful to smile67 for making it available.

You are proof that being EXP on AA and having 700+ posts does not confer wisdom or good manners.

I'm surprised the moderators haven't stepped in to say anything. While I am opposed to editing, deleting or closing threads, surely some form of censure is called for when someone abuses a person like smile67, who has contributed so much to so many in our community.

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 23, 2004, 12:26 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smile67:
It has nothing to do with "pirate into the system", it's our system, we pay for this service and it's not my personal decision to run this tool or not, i have the authorisation to do - or do you think i'm so stupid to gamble with my job (for users like you)?!
</font>
You have no authorization to do what you are doing, otherwise there would be no blocking. In fact that blocking is complete total crap. You are a pirate trying to create another, under-the-sheets Napster, Kazaa, Grockster, clogging the system. I'm not stupid. I don't use your garbage program and I think your ego belongs to the dogs, otherwise my comments wouldn't piss you off at all.

I don't mind hackers. I do mind "limited edition" hacking and laugh that I make you mad.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 12:33 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
You are proof that being EXP on AA and having 700+ posts does not confer wisdom or good manners. I'm surprised the moderators haven't stepped in to say anything.
</font>
It's a discussion board and my elite status on AA and post numbers are irrelavent if you disagree. The fact remains, smile67 originally created a decent tool, now it crap. I use my own tools, dumped his garbage and he (and those addicited to his tool, rather than using registered tools) don't like some constructed criticism coming from the other bench. smile67 will show anger to my post...I say tough.

Now go play in his sandbox, I'm booking my flights without any of it. I'm sure a majority of you DON'T tell the airline "Hey, I'm using Availability Tool 1.6 and it's located at this URL, so can you book me on fligh *** because I see Z availability".

Give me a break.

[This message has been edited by Cygnus X-1 (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Cygnus X-1, you are a disgrace to this community, and your comments have absolutely no place here. I've seen you do this on other threads....post incredibly negative comments that both have no validity or place in a community such as this. You are obviously a very angry person, but why do you choose to take it out on this community?

I'm sure I speak for many people when I say that no one would miss you or your posts if you left. Please do us all the favor and stop posting your nonsensical rants.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Don't feed the trolls!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Please be on notice that the personal attacks stop now.

Criticisms, corrections, and civil discussion is welcome. Inflammatory language and deriding members is not welcome.

This thread is for the discussion of finding availability in specific inventory buckets -- and the conversation is taking place in MilesBuzz, specifically finding availability in award (free seats and upgrade, various classes of service) buckets.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Mar 23, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 2P... just 2P.
I used this tool to help me choose seat for a recent trip.

Thanks for making it available. Ignore those who for some reason want to rain hate on something that makes people happy.

Old Mar 23, 2004, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Thanks to this tool, I've been able to get confirmed upgrades at time of booking on recent/imminent trips to LHR, NRT, GIG and BOM. It's been a wonderful resource for me. Thanks again, Matthias!

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 23, 2004, 4:00 pm

Not sure if I was told wrong but...
on the phone this morning with AA the CSR told me C was for First class on a 3 class plane and A was for First class on a 2 class plane.
Thanks.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bedelman:
Also potentially helpful: My new Fare Code Listings at http://www.benedelman.org/travel/farecodes/ .

Find an error? Want to suggest an addition? Just shoot me an email -- address in profile and at bottom of the page.
</font>
Old Mar 23, 2004, 5:02 pm
Point_Chaser

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smile67:
I will not forget the enhancement of the class output... </font>
Just out of curiosity...
Will it be possible also to view X and I classes on SK? (Eco and Biz award inventories)

Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFplat:
Not sure if I was told wrong but...
on the phone this morning with AA the CSR told me C was for First class on a 3 class plane and A was for First class on a 2 class plane.
Thanks.
</font>
You were told wrong. Unless of course things have changed in the last week or so.

------------------
AA - Home of the best FF program in the world.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 2:17 am
smile67

Ok, Cygnus X-1 this will be my last reaction to your comments independent from further statements of you, so enjoy reading and have a nice day !
First of all don't think you are marking me mad, i wrote it in the old thread and now once again, it's not worth to answer your self-explanatory personal and unobjective attacks - yesterday "s-h-i-t" was short enough to make an exception, it was no personal attack, only a fact. I don't know your goal exactly, but it seems to me you have too much time, perhaps nobody speaks with you, so making trouble is good to spend your time. But this is a community and the more you do like this the less you are accepted -and this has nothing to do with an won opinion. Ok, i know for persons like you, it's not important, perhaps nothing is important for you. For me you are a poor person and i say it without beeing angry... The tool is up, now and for the future your oppinion is not the reason to change this -sorry, perhaps this was one of your goals.
The blocking of the tool is very easy to understand, there is a limit for requests otherwise we have to pay higher charges, so perhaps it's a first kind of promotion or later on a little service for a low fee, no secret - justification it's not necessary for me, but it's another exception especially for friendly and helpful persons like you! And aside from there are many registered airlines and pilots too, so the tool is not as secret as you think.
That's all and nothing more...

Old Mar 24, 2004, 7:33 am

Cygnus X-1 If you would be good enough to provide us with an alternative to smile's availability tool your criticisms would be less bewildering. Smile developed this tool for us to use at a time when all the alternatives had been closed. Every poster on this and the previous thread has found it very useful. Unless you can provide an alternative, your posts lack credibility and your reputation suffers accordingly.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 7:47 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Ok, Cygnus X-1 this will be my last reaction to your comments independent from further statements of you, so enjoy reading and have a nice day !
First of all don't think you are marking me mad, i wrote it in the old thread and now once again, it's not worth to answer your self-explanatory personal and unobjective attacks - yesterday "s-h-i-t" was short enough to make an exception, it was no personal attack, only a fact. I don't know your goal exactly, but it seems to me you have too much time, perhaps nobody speaks with you, so making trouble is good to spend your time. But this is a community and the more you do like this the less you are accepted -and this has nothing to do with an won opinion. Ok, i know for persons like you, it's not important, perhaps nothing is important for you. For me you are a poor person and i say it without beeing angry... The tool is up, now and for the future your oppinion is not the reason to change this -sorry, perhaps this was one of your goals.
The blocking of the tool is very easy to understand, there is a limit for requests otherwise we have to pay higher charges, so perhaps it's a first kind of promotion or later on a little service for a low fee, no secret - justification it's not necessary for me, but it's another exception especially for friendly and helpful persons like you! And aside from there are many registered airlines and pilots too, so the tool is not as secret as you think.
That's all and nothing more...
</font>
Well said Matthais. Bravo!
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:02 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Please be on notice that the personal attacks stop now.

Criticisms, corrections, and civil discussion is welcome. Inflammatory language and deriding members is not welcome.

This thread is for the discussion of finding availability in specific inventory buckets -- and the conversation is taking place in MilesBuzz, specifically finding availability in award (free seats and upgrade, various classes of service) buckets.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
</font>

Thanks gleff. This is actually the first time that I thought about bringing a poster to Randy's attention. I feel that an admonishment is not enough in this case. cygnus kicks the community spirit with his feet, so why should he still belong to the community.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.