Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Small Business Owners: Charging your own credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Small Business Owners: Charging your own credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2004, 3:32 pm

But if you look at it, its still around $.015 cents a mile which is still worth it. Especially if you are going to be travelling First & Business Class.

In that respect if you look at BA its 100K for a Business Class trip to Europe which works out to $1500. Which is substantially cheaper.

I think its quite worth it charging your cards and taking advantage off this.

There are some merchants that charge as low as 1.15% which is almost 1.2 cents a mile.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bocastephen:
it would probably violate your merchant agreement, but you could use another person as a conduit.

the problem with the theory is the transaction charges. You would end up losing 1.5%-2.5% of everything you charged through the merchant account. It might only be worthwhile with a double or triple mile promos...you need to work the numbers to see if it's worthwhile, otherwise you could end up spending $3000 for 2 FC tickets to Hawaii in transaction and finance charges.
</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.