FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Idine miles with two airlines at same time (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/9120-idine-miles-two-airlines-same-time.html)

MisterX Aug 2, 2003 10:26 am

Idine miles with two airlines at same time

I searched on the board here and could not find the answer to my question.

If you are a member to two airline programs and both programs use idine, can I get miles in ALL participating programs?

for example a $100.00 night out will yield 1000 miles on AA and 1000 miles on Delta.

I have not seen anything against it or in favor of the possibility.

michaelr Aug 2, 2003 10:51 am

No, you can only register one credit card with one program at a time. Idine checks this when you add a new card.

HigherFlyer Aug 2, 2003 11:45 am

You can put one card per program. I have one on Dining for Miles (Northwest), and one in Flight Fund Dining (AmericaWest). I previously had two cards with Dining for Miles, and one with Priority Club, but it makes more sense to put them in different programs since you can only get one reward per month at many places. Now I can get one per month per program by using a different card each time.
You cannot sign up the same card with two different programs.

[This message has been edited by HigherFlyer (edited 08-02-2003).]

KathyWdrf Aug 2, 2003 1:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">You can put one card per program.</font>
Actually, according to other threads, you can have as many as six credit cards registered to one FF program.

But you CANNOT register the same credit card to more than one FF program at the same time. It is possible to switch the card between programs, however. There are threads discussing all this.

Kathy

MisterX Aug 2, 2003 10:59 pm

thanks to all.

slippahs Aug 3, 2003 12:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterX:
thanks to all.</font>
Yes, great advice to put one card under one iDine airline partnership and another on another. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

ALOHA

Fire_Fly Aug 3, 2003 4:08 pm

Don't forget to create an I-Dine profile (which basically involves saying what zone you live in). Once you do that, you earn miles on unlimited visits to most restaurants each month (as opposed to the default "first visit").

Fire_Fly

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HigherFlyer:
You can put one card per program. I have one on Dining for Miles (Northwest), and one in Flight Fund Dining (AmericaWest). I previously had two cards with Dining for Miles, and one with Priority Club, but it makes more sense to put them in different programs since you can only get one reward per month at many places. Now I can get one per month per program by using a different card each time.
You cannot sign up the same card with two different programs.

[This message has been edited by HigherFlyer (edited 08-02-2003).]
</font>

Rut Dog Aug 3, 2003 10:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fire_Fly:
Don't forget to create an I-Dine profile (which basically involves saying what zone you live in). Once you do that, you earn miles on unlimited visits to most restaurants each month (as opposed to the default "first visit").</font>
Fire_Fly, say what?

notsosmart Aug 4, 2003 12:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fire_Fly:
Don't forget to create an I-Dine profile (which basically involves saying what zone you live in). Once you do that, you earn miles on unlimited visits to most restaurants each month (as opposed to the default "first visit").

Fire_Fly

</font>
I have never heard of this. A quick look at the I-Dine TOS makes not mention of it. Are you sure?

MKE-MR Aug 4, 2003 9:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:
I have never heard of this. A quick look at the I-Dine TOS makes not mention of it. Are you sure?

</font>
Yes.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

&lt;I can't find the reference to it either, but you will note that if you register a profile, the text changes from "earn xmi/$ on your first visit..." to "earn xmi/$ on each visit..." And I've been getting miles on each trip to my local pizza shack, no matter how many per month.&gt;

kalman911 Aug 4, 2003 10:07 am

click on "view details" of each restaurant. you'll see that there is a maximum of $600 per month and whether or not the restaurant gives unlimited awards

MeLike2Travel Aug 4, 2003 10:49 am

On another note, how long does it take for the miles to post? I just signed up for idine, and went to a participating restaurant two weeks ago. The miles haven't posted yet. I'm not worried, as I would expect them to take a bit longer to post. I just thought I'd see what others experience has been.

Points Scrounger Aug 4, 2003 12:36 pm

Are you talking about how long do they post with your airline? American and Alaska put through weekly batches so at most you should see those restaurants visits show up as actual miles within two weeks of dining.
Delta is still under the old monthly batching so Skymiles only credit the first week of every month - a pain if there are meals late in a month that need to be given retroactive credit manually by Idine!

If you are concerned about posting, you should check your actual iDine account (as opposed to your airline) 4 or 5 five calendar (not business) days after the meal. I'm a fairly regular iDiner and only a couple of times has a meal come through later than the 5th day after dining. If hasn't been credited to iDine a week or so after your visit, give them a call. They'll either tell you why it might have been rejected.
Example: you dined on a Thursday, the restaurant puts through all meals the following business day, and they just happen to have a Friday blackout. Idine would instruct you to send in the receipt dated Thursday so they can reverse the denial they have on record. (Time Cafe on UWS of Manhattan had this problem more than once - management seemed not care even though it meant that blacked out Saturdays would go through as valid)
Usually, it is the case that the meal has fallen through the billing cracks somehow - iDine has no record of it whatsoever and the rep requests you send them the receipt. Credit for those typically appears in your online iDine profile a week or so after they receive your paerwork. Note: those visits are listed under the date you dined not the date they post it as "Manual Tickets". You might have to scroll back to check on it if you've had visits since then.

Good luck - it's a great FREE program with only minor glitches so far I've found.

RustyC Aug 6, 2003 7:36 pm

I messed up during registration when it asked for "member number" and I wasn't sure what that meant (would have been much clearer to ask for "frequent flyer number" or something like that), and now I'm trying to get it fixed. They definitely don't want people hopping around between programs, but my main use for iDine conflicts with that somewhat because I want to use it to top off "orphan" miles. So it indeed looks like it'll require a different card for each program.

fenger Aug 7, 2003 8:07 am

Excuse me I'm a little uninformed on this. What's the difference between registering on IDine's website and individual airline's website's IDine section?

I can see the ease of maintenance by have your info. in one place and not have to retype them at different airline's site, but is there any other substantial differences?

[This message has been edited by fenger (edited 08-07-2003).]