Reload this Page >

Reminder ..... CO to Hilton transfer deal option ceases *September 1st*

Old Aug 24, 03, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

I hope the Moderators agree this is a timely warning for many like me who seldom look in on the CO forum.

Joh and I had a bundle of CO miles we built up from the years of being top CO Elites in the days CO flew to SYD.

The miles were just sitting there, and it seems from many reports that being able to use CO miles for 'Standard' or off-peak award seats are very difficult if not often impossible to secure.

Anyway, we figgered they at least will fund MANY a 5 Star Hilton stay via having them as Hilton miles.

For any others like us that might have orphan account balances on Hilton, please note that the final deadline for this transfer to be requested is SEPTEMBER 1st.

Your CO miles turn into twice as many HH points, and transfers are done in 5000 mile increments. i.e. 50,000 CO miles yields 100,000 HH points. Transferring via either phone or email seems possible.

I know I moved a ton of UA miles to HH the week before they also pulled the rug on this avenue earlier this year, and was pleased I did so.

Many then learned of that UA transfer deal ending via MilesBuzz, and hope this thread similarly alerts some FT'ers.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Aug 24, 03, 9:20 pm

But will we still be able to move CO miles to Hilton thru Amtrak, after September 1st?
Old Aug 24, 03, 9:24 pm
RKG

Thanks for the reminder, Glen. I move all but 1500 or so of my CO miles out last week! They weren't doing me any good sitting there.
Old Aug 24, 03, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Ihave 34,100 in my CO account and thought it might have some value since most of my miles are in AA and it isn't always easy to get a ticket with them. Now I'm wondering if they would have greater value with Hilton. I've already done so with my husband's account and with my daughter's through AMTRAK. Umm,not sure what to do.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Aug 24, 03, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
dgordon ... I am not sure of the CO link to use, but I know CO will sell you miles, so if it were me, I'd top up with 1000 bought miles, (fast!) and then move the 35,000 CO into 70,000 HH and later use them for Hilton rooms later on. A lot easier and faster to use than trying to burn 34,000 CO miles exactly when and where you need a flight.

That gives you 2 nights right there at luxury Category 5 Hilton group hotels worldwide - that can OFTEN run to many $100s each night with taxes. (Or of course more than 2 nights at lower than Category 5 Hiltons.)
Old Aug 25, 03, 1:14 pm

Location: new brunswick, new jersey and farmington, conn. USA
and as i carped/whined/mentioned in the CO forum, trying to do this by phone is completely impossible. i've been through four reps (""Gold" Elite Desk no less) and all of them claim the closing date was earlier, etc. etc. and naturally, CO doesn't take requests by FAX....

i think my last 55,000 miles are officially just stuck, though there is always Amtrak for some of it. i'm just not exactly enthused with CO's inability to perform basic customer service functions such as this. i thought they wanted to reduce their liabilities!
Old Aug 25, 03, 2:03 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called Onepass at 713-952-1630 just this morning and it was taken care of in two minutes, same as my other transfers.

Old Aug 25, 03, 2:32 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Good post, perfect forum (involves multiple programs and serves those who may be dormant with CO miles and thus don't read much on the CO forum).

also good feedback.
Old Aug 25, 03, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

"You have 19,488 OnePass miles in your account"....

How much is it going to cost me to buy 512 miles?

Thx.
Old Aug 25, 03, 3:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I've got about 70K dormant CO miles. It makes sense to dump them into HH, no? I've not been able to book a CO flight in forever with award travel. Will redmeption be any easier with HH?
Old Aug 25, 03, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got off the phone with onepass. It took two minutes to complete the transfer to Hilton, but she said it could take up to 90 days to complete the transfer.

Anyone receive their transferred points yet?
Old Aug 25, 03, 4:19 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
"You have 19,488 OnePass miles in your account"....

How much is it going to cost me to buy 512 miles?

Thx.
</font>
Ouch. $32 per 1000 miles. Hmm...transfer 15K or spend the $32...drat if I had known about this I could have posted a couple of car rentals to my CO account...
Old Aug 25, 03, 4:51 pm
6779br

It sounds to me that everyone's bailing out on CO. I have about 140,000 OnePass miles that I had hoped to nurture and grow to use for 2 international upgrades. All the posts so far seem to indicate that it's practically impossible to get freebie awards but how's it look for upgrades. As we all agree, no one wants to burn miles for anytime awards. Your thoughts, please.

Old Aug 25, 03, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 6779br:
It sounds to me that everyone's bailing out on CO. I have about 140,000 OnePass miles that I had hoped to nurture and grow to use for 2 international upgrades. All the posts so far seem to indicate that it's practically impossible to get freebie awards but how's it look for upgrades. As we all agree, no one wants to burn miles for anytime awards. Your thoughts, please.</font>
CO has those terrible HoKeY (search in the CO forum on this term) rules for international upgrades. Often, there isn't even a guarantee you'll get the upgrade when you buy one of these painfully higher fares.
Old Aug 25, 03, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA
(deleted -- posted in error)

[This message has been edited by DaDOKin DC (edited 08-25-2003).]

Search this Thread