Reminder ..... CO to Hilton transfer deal option ceases *September 1st*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reminder ..... CO to Hilton transfer deal option ceases *September 1st*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2003, 6:33 pm
np

i seem to have read that there is a 25K limit. Is this limited in or out? e.g. can you transfer 50,000 CO miles into amtrak but only 25,000 Amtrak points out per year or is it 25,000 CO miles into Amtrak per year. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 25, 2003, 8:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
The restriction is for transfering points out of the AMTRAK program.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 3:34 am

Realizing that CO awards are not the easiest to come by, does it really make sense to dump the miles into HHonors? I question this only becuase of HHonors newest award scale (with higher limits), and the difficulty it can be to book HHonors awards given their numerous black-out dates. I rarely have success booking HHonors awards--especially ALON awards unless I'm extremely flexible and call nine months in advance.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 4:51 am
Suspended

Here we go again the "urban legend" reports about HHonors rewards. Well I have never had much difficuly getting the dates I wanted and requiring to book 9 months except at the very most popular properties out is BS

Late last August I was able to get two GLONS, two SP4 and one SP3, for the Brussels Conrad, Dublin Conrad, Mount Juliet Conrad, Paddington Hilton ( also got Metropole and cancelled) all for 14 days period in early October I needed.

Sure if you call up and want HWV for Easter or Thansgiving you may not get it but many people who complain ( very often the same ones on these boards) about getting awards are probably those who havent tried or expect too much.
mike
mike
Old Aug 26, 2003, 12:10 pm

Location: new brunswick, new jersey and farmington, conn. USA
i tried it again calling the non-Gold line and playing stupid.

guess what? it worked!

i dunno, i've never had a problem getting exactly what i want from Hilton. i wasn't too happy about point devaluations, but i never seem to encounter all these problems booking the rewards i want.

we're abandoning CO for many reasons, not the least of which is that using miles has become a chore. there is HoKeY, but i don't much leave the country and it's not like i'd be flying CO if i did.

plus, Hilton points are a malleable currency. can't do much with CO miles anymore, but i can do much besides just stay at Hilton properties with 'em.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thanks for the heads up. Transferred 35k stranding 1,683 in the CO account. Maybe if CO has the same FFP divide-the-world deal as NW has with KL, I can merge these into my KL account on day.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 4:33 pm

Did anyone exchange Hilton points for Diamonds? :-) Wonder if it is worth it for the single carat for an anniversary.

John
Old Aug 27, 2003, 3:09 pm

Is there a link on either continental.com or hhonrs.com that would provide more details?
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tommybt:
Is there a link on either continental.com or hhonrs.com that would provide more details?</font>
A search of both the Continental and Hilton forum will provide a plethora of information. Hilton will probably be where I would start.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tommybt:
Is there a link on either continental.com or hhonrs.com that would provide more details?</font>
A search of both the Continental and Hilton forum will provide a plethora of information. Hilton is probably where I would start.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:30 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I decided to transfer 30K to hilton leaving 4200 orphan miles with CO. Found you can't buy miles except for a flight. If I had realized this I would have been dining with iDine to add 800 miles. Oh well. I guess I could sign up with AMTRAK, add miles to CO and transfer to AMTRAK, and then to Hilton. Is that right?

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:

Found you can't buy miles except for a flight. </font>
Not sure what this means. That you can't BUY miles? If so, I feel pretty sure you can do that. Not CHEAP though based on auh20 post above. Ouch.

Old Aug 29, 2003, 1:01 pm
np

so forgive me for sounding like a novice. will continental transfer the miles all the way through to hilton? or do you first transfer from continental to amtrak and wait for the miles to appear and then call amtrak and transfer to hilton. thanks for your help in advance. also is the amtrak to hilton pathway going to be closed september 1 as well??

Old Aug 29, 2003, 1:07 pm

Glen-
Thanks for the reminder, as I hadn't seen this information the first time around.

I tried the email route first, but after 2 days, I received a reply instructing me to call. My spouse is out of the country on business, so I was concerned that they needed to speak directly to him. Thankfully, his account information and PIN were all the CO rep asked for. She stated that the transfer would take 60 days.

She also mentioned that today is the LAST day to transfer miles to Hilton (as 9/1 is a holiday). FYI, the OnePass Service Center is open until 8:00 p.m. Central time.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
When I called to transfer the miles to Hilton about what it would cost to "buy" 800 miles. They told me they only "sell" miles when you do not have enough miles for an award ticket. I'm not sure I would have paid whatever it would have cost anyway. I figure 30K was better than leaving themwith CO. Wish I had realized this sooner. Would have dined out enough to get the 800 miles. So, again, can I still do a transfer through AMTRAK. If so, I'll start dining out.

------------------
Ms.DtG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.