Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
do any of you know how long it has recently taken for the CO Gold cards to be shipped and delivered after a status match was approved?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if Continental is only doing Status Match for other equivalent Card Holders of US Airlines? I'm Platinum with a One world Airline in Europe.

Since I will be flying soon often to the US should I try to get a match by One Pass?

Thanks for any feedback.
Kind regards,
Yes, they do. Got One Pass Gold for my Flying Blue Platinum status ... so go for it!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:53 pm

Continental seems to be matching to one tier lower than the submitted one now. I took care of all the 'paperwork' for my brother and father, my brother was immediately matched from DL Gold to CO*G on June 3. My dad however, whose request I sent on June 9 or so, was granted CO*S at first. I then replied, since my dad also has an LH FTL and another *S does not really offer any more benefits, some ten minutes later status changed to CO*G ^ So watch out and be persistent maybe
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
BMI will only match BA elite

I tried to email my CX gold card & travel statement to BD and after 7 days, they replied the following

Anyone get matched with non-BA elite?

Unfortunately we do not offer status match for any other carrier other than BA, If you have a gold card with BA we would be able to offer you a status match.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by lky001
I tried to email my CX gold card & travel statement to BD and after 7 days, they replied the following

Anyone get matched with non-BA elite?

Unfortunately we do not offer status match for any other carrier other than BA, If you have a gold card with BA we would be able to offer you a status match.
Yes, please check with this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...tus-match.html
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: UA-2P .94 MM, AF-S, AA Beggars Class .6 , DL .18, LH-Bier, HH-Gold, Hertz 5*
CO Match

With the impending merger, elites get itchy and test new waters.
These loyal customers need to be replaced as they are burned up !

I would think both United and Continental are aggressively matching status since certain merger turbulence will result in losing some loyal flyers.

Like sharks, the other airlines will be will more than happy to get customers who spend with them.

This also explains why customers service is throwing money at anyone who complains about anything

Just home somewhere sometime, they actually improve some things; especially the Lounges.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by dlfrflyer
Thank you all for your great advice and counsel -- I just received my CO Platinum match and could not have done that without the help of my fellow flyers... THANK YOU!!!!
CO Platinum from which status?

Thanks,
piiit
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:32 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Here is how my friends and family did it
email = [email protected], via their website for contacting onepass

Status so far
1 DL SM - Flown 11k DL miles so far this year - got CO SE
1 DL GM - Flown 11k DL miles so far this year - got CO GE (also faxed copies of planned and booked travel to China)
1 DL PM - Flown 39k DL miles so far this year - got CO PE till Feb 2011
1 DL DM MQM 129k this year - got CO Plat till Feb 2012

Hope it helps.

You need your address, copies of card and statement etc.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:03 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by crimson2k6
do any of you know how long it has recently taken for the CO Gold cards to be shipped and delivered after a status match was approved?

Thanks!
You can print out the card online. Just matched to PE on CO from AA EXP (133k last year.)
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
tried status matching to lan from bmi and got this "We inform you that at this moment, LAN Airlines is not considering Status Match for Star Alliance or Sky Team frequent flyer member’s.

We advise you to call at any of the phone numbers listed below by selecting our LANPASS option from the menu. Our Contact Center representatives will be willing to help you in any other matter."

it seems theyre not matching at the moment.

anyone recently matched to cx from bmi? (i'm trying to get a ow match, and soon)
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by tomvonc
Yup. Sorry. Meant to say MA bp stub. I flew a return to Budapest from London.
I'm guessing though you could buy the cheapest MA ticket available, then use online checkin giving you a BP for a sector.
the match is a sure thing by them, assuming there's one paid sector on ma?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
Just matched CO Plat. from DL Plat.

Not sure when it expires, though. Any idea how I find this out? Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat
Originally Posted by metallim
the match is a sure thing by them, assuming there's one paid sector on ma?
Seems so. Upgraded to Gold within the hour. Received card within a week. Enjoy BA lounges within one week and a day :-)
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:51 pm

i was looking at doing a challenge with aa and i know if you have star elite they will give you a temporary gold status while you take the platinum challenge. but has anyone ever gotten temp gold status while taking the gold challenge? if so, any advice on how you got it?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, UA 1P, Hyatt Passport Diamond, SPG Gold
I was recently status match on United to Premier Executive from my Delta Platinum Medallion. Challenge for me is to either fly 15k EQMs or 20 segments on United metal which shouldn't be a problem since I recently took one transcontinental run and have two trips which should net me about 4k EQMs each.

My question is when I qualify and get my Premier Executive card from United, will I only keep the status until Feb 2011 or until 2012? I'm assuming it is basically like qualifying like normal though with a lower bar in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.