Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by redondo-beach
I have Delta Plat for 2011 ,
I would like to match to some Star allaince "Gold" for 2012 , it can be any Star carrier even small ones.
So which Star Alliance carriers are "friendly" right now without a challange
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I have DL Silver that I got through a promo. Can I match AA Or any Stat A , or anyone for that fact.
Check page 1 post 1 of this thread. It is updated regularly by lucky9876coins to include the latest known match info.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:43 pm

Would it be possible to sign up for the US airways 90 day Silver trial and get another airline to status match? Would they know the difference between the trial and an elite member?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Would it be possible to sign up for the US airways 90 day Silver trial and get another airline to status match? Would they know the difference between the trial and an elite member?
You don't get a membership card with the trial elite status which you usually need to send a photocopy of to whichever airline you're trying to match to. If you try to send a statement it will say 0 EQMs in the statement which would make it pretty obvious to the carrier you want to match to that you don't actually fly. You never know, it's possible you could do it with a temporary online card too but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:34 am

You could add in Malev: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...h-doing-9.html
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I wrote to the United Premier match email about 1K challenge and was told for those with equivalent tier on American Airlines, Alitalia, Czech Airlines, Delta or Eva Airways only. I was hoping to match higher then Gold/PE but my AS status does not matter. I could easily make the 35K in 90 days
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
I wrote to the United Premier match email about 1K challenge and was told for those with equivalent tier on American Airlines, Alitalia, Czech Airlines, Delta or Eva Airways only. I was hoping to match higher then Gold/PE but my AS status does not matter. I could easily make the 35K in 90 days
So they will give you a gold challenge for having MVPG 75k? I was thinking about a challenge but I am only MVPG, what challenge would I get?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Good news/bad news

Got approved the same day I sent the email - from AA Plat to UA Premier Exec.
I was thinking it would take a few days (last match to CO took 2 weeks)
Compl. match good till Feb 4, 2012 - have several flights on CO/UA between Dec 2nd and Feb 18th. I was hoping for the compl. elite status to last till Feb 18th.
Any way to extend it by 2 weeks (I doubt it)?
It happened too fast.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
US to AA

I am probably relocating from BOS to AUS. Looking at the flight setup AA looks like it may work for me. So, I called them to let them know my situation. They purposed to give me a Platinum Challenge ($200) for the usual 10,000 EQPs and to extend Gold status to me regardless of my activity until Feb 2013.
Is this normal these days? They even went as far as to say I couldn't do a regular Gold Challenge, due to how much I flew . They didn't ask for any proof by the way.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
DL to UA.

Trying to status match and I've been emailing them and they told me to apply for the match about a week before I fly. So I emailed the application 8 days before my flight on 11/19/11.

No word from them yet.

Now I wonder if it's going to be in time. I want to do the DL GM to UA Premier Executive at 17,500 miles.

My flight departing on 11/19 is SFO-HKG so the round trip would have gotten me most of the way there.

Reason I waited was that I was planning to book a second flight in early February.

Now, if I don't get the status match in time for my outbound, do I hope that they would approve the match in time for the return on 11/25?

And if they don't meet that, then I'm going to not bother trying to match from them. Just go back to the DL for now and keep my status there.

Should there be a problem at least getting my return segment counted towards the match?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Aeroflot (*S) offers match from any *A or *O carrier.
Match will be granted upon completion of 3 RT in Y or 2 RT in C made b/w Nov. 1 2011 and Feb. 29 2012. Eligible fares are J, C, D, I, Y, S, B, M, H , K.

Those willing to take this challenge must fill-in this application (the form is in Russian but can be filled-in in English), and send it along with a scan of the card they are matching from to [email protected].
Instructions to filling-in this form:
1. tick the box on line 8
2. print your full name on line 9
3. your Aeroflot Bonus membership number (line 10)
4. name of the loyalty programme you are matching from (line 11)
5. this card number and status in the programme (line 12)
6. your e-mail
7. where you would like to get your card
this one is a bit tricky. lines with numbers are SU offices in Moscow. You must select either Aeroflot Office in my country (tick the box before the line which contains word Аэрофлота) and then print town and country where you would like your card delivered (obviousy there must be SU office in this town) or tick the very last box (by regular mail).
8. tick the box before the fine print (you agree to their T&C)
9. put date and your signature in the space provided on the 3rd line from the bottom.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:14 pm

Pending for three weeks for AA-Continental Platinum Status Match

I sent an e-mail to Continental airline and requested platinum status match with American Airline on Oct. 29. I have not heard anything back so far. Anybody in the same situation or has experience with CO-AA match? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:25 am

I'm in the same situation, made a request to CO using AA status in Oct. I received e-mail from CO on 11/11/11, saying:

"Thank you for contacting Continental Airlines. Your message has been received and will be directed to a member of our OnePass team for review and research."

I'm still waiting.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
I'm in the same situation, made a request to CO using AA status in Oct. I received e-mail from CO on 11/11/11, saying:

"Thank you for contacting Continental Airlines. Your message has been received and will be directed to a member of our OnePass team for review and research."

I'm still waiting.
Try UA - they approved me the same day (see above post # 1702) - actually too quickly for me
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Paulchili
Try UA - they approved me the same day (see above post # 1702) - actually too quickly for me
Thank you. Would UA status help on CO flts? I have 2 CO flts (booked using UA pts) coming up in Jan & Feb.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
With gleff's permission, I'm starting a new status match master thread, which I'll try to keep updated as much as possible. I've incorporated quite a bit of what was in the old thread, so feel free to PM me or post here with any changes, updates, etc., and I'll gladly edit them in this post.

gleff's wise words still apply to the industry, even over five years later:

Before we start it might be worth mentioning (as obvious as it might sound) that you should also send a letter with your credentials explaining why you'd like to be matched, be it a change in travel patterns, frustration with your current airline of choice, etc.

So, here we go:

Aeroflot
Through December 31, 2010, Aeroflot will match status from One World or Star Alliance carriers with this application.

Air France
Through March 31, 2011, Air France is matching status from many airlines to equivalent tiers in Flying Blue. All the details can be found here.

Alaska

Will match status, generally to equivalent level, up to midtier (which is MVP Gold). Alaska does not status match to MVP Gold 75K.

Email a copy of your current elite statement or membership card to:

American

American typically doesn't status match, but offers challenges instead, whereby you have to earn a certain number of miles within 90 days to earn Gold or Platinum status. While challenges used to be free, American now charges $150 for the Gold challenge and $240 for the Platinum challenge. While it's non-refundable, you can sign-up for the Gold challenge and then pay the difference if you flew enough to qualify for the Platinum challenge.

British Midland

British Midland may be the only non-North American program with a regular status match program. They generally match up to Gold (top tier). Let's see how long that lasts given the possible takeover by LH. As of late they require you to have a ticket on bmi booked in order to status match.

Email or fax a copy of your most recent statement or elite card to:

More details can be found in this thread.

Cathay Pacific

Based on this thread and other reports it seems like Cathay Pacific is willing to match up to Silver tier.

Continental

Will match status, generally to equivalent level up to Platinum (top tier).

Fax, email, or mail the following information:
  • Full Name
  • OnePass Account Number
  • Current Address
  • Current Phone Number
  • A copy of the most recent statement from the other airline showing status and current mileage
  • A copy of your current elite card from the other airline

Delta

Will match status, generally to equivalent level up to Gold (mid-tier)

Fax a copy of your current elite statement or elite card to:

El Al

Will match status, usually to a lower tier (e.g. CO Plat to Matmid Gold) than one's current status with another carrier.

To apply for a match you must already have an El Al Matmid number. Fax a copy of your elite status card & the last two months of your FF account statements, showing flights and points to:

Once matched, you must requalify for status within 6 months.

Jet Airways
Based on this thread, Jet Airways will match up to JP Platinum, although they don't include upgrade vouchers.

LAN

Will match status, usually up to mid tier (Premium Silver). For full details see this thread.

United

Typically offers challenges whereby you have to fly a certain number of miles in 90 days to maintain the status. Unlike AA, they offer the status up front, so you start off as an elite. They'll generally only offer challenges up to Premier Executive.

Email, fax, or mail a copy of your current elite statement or elite card to:

US Airways

US Airways is offering a 90-day Silver status trial for those that have a non-refundable ticket booked on US Airways. Otherwise there are no reports of them status matching as of now.

Airlines not mentioned in this thread typically don't match status, but there are always exceptions. Keep in mind that status matches are once-in-a-lifetime, so use them wisely. Furthermore, keep in mind that airlines typically don't match intra-Alliance, but rather it's much easier to match status between airlines of different alliances.

Airlines that are known to not match status:
Air Canada
ANA
British Airways - except corporate/revenue based
Emirates
JAL
Lufthansa
Singapore
Does Hawaiian Airlines status match?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.