Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by soy
BD should match BA gold to *G, though you will probably need to fly a BD flight to qualify.
Thanks for the advice Soy,

A couple questions; do you refer to BMI as bd? I was trying to find any match program but all I could find in the web was an old expired promotion for this (valid up until the 1st of April this year). I can find nothing about this in their webpage either. What am I missing? Is there any specific form to fill in or email to contact?

I would not mind flying a qualifying flight if necessary.

Many thanks,

F.I.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:39 am

I have found the following link through google in BMI's page:

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...onditions.aspx

However, upon clicking on any button, the page reloads. Then it comes back with a different promotion. Even the terms and conditions do not mention the status match.

What am I missing? Is there any other Star Alliance operator that would do a status match with BA?

Many thanks,

F.I.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Do any one world carriers to a direct status match to Star ALliance

Like UA 1p to a oneworld carrier at the same level.?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:32 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by Amarante
Sorry to bother again, but does anyone have any experience with this? UA challenge or DM challenge available for Alaska MVPG?
I applied one month ago for a UA status match to Premier Exec (1P) based on Alaska MVPG and I was approved in 2 days (effective Sept 1).

I have planned flights adding up to more than the required 17,500 miles over 90 days to keep status through early 2013. Only UA, UA Express, CO, CO Connection, and Copa flights count.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: their are many of them
anyone got a brilliant idea for how to get my Premier Executive status matched onto another star alliance carrier??? say like lufthansa lol
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
anyone got a brilliant idea for how to get my Premier Executive status matched onto another star alliance carrier??? say like lufthansa lol
You could try going through a Skyteam intermediary. UA to DL to LH maybe. Though that would burn two one time status matches and I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM; AA EXP; SPG Plat
You've already got *G status with Lufthansa, no? (as UA PremExec)
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingProf
You've already got *G status with Lufthansa, no? (as UA PremExec)
Flying Prof, any ideas on how to get matched in any star alliance from BAEC Gold?

Thank you very much!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:40 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Do any one world carriers to a direct status match to Star ALliance

Like UA 1p to a oneworld carrier at the same level.?
Try LAN. You will need to email them at "atencion.elite at bo dot lan dot com"
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:48 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by hardwaremister
I have found the following link through google in BMI's page:

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...onditions.aspx

However, upon clicking on any button, the page reloads. Then it comes back with a different promotion. Even the terms and conditions do not mention the status match.

What am I missing? Is there any other Star Alliance operator that would do a status match with BA?

Many thanks,

F.I.
A good tip for long threads like this is to read the first couple of posts and the most recent ones. If you do this, you will find all you need for BD match to BA gold. As mentioned earlier, if you also include evidence of upcoming BD flight with your request, that improves your prospects.

web design is not a BD forte
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:34 pm

continental status challenge

My husband and I completed the Continental status match 90 day challenge for Gold in September. According to the challenge rules we are supposed to be gold until January 2013 but the cards we recently received show an expiration date of January 2012. Is this normal and does Continental typically mail out new cards later in the year?

Continental CS emails seem to be notoriously slow, so I thought I'd reach out to the experts on the board.

Many thanks for your advice!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Yep - same happened to me last year, phone rep assured me status was good for the next year and a half and corrected cards arrived much later.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:19 am

Limited AA gold to DL FO

I have Limited Gold on AA (from Citi Executive card) and therefore no Gold AA card. I submitted the DL status match form online and emailed a PDF printout of last August's AA statement, which says Gold. I expected to get the 90 day challenge, but instead I got Silver Medallion through Feb 2013!

I guess my company (I used my corporate email address, and also entered the company name on the form) is one that has a relationship with Delta and therefore I got to skip the challenge and get the straight match! Cool!

I wonder if I can now match FO back to AA for full/real Gold
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dmel
I wonder if I can now match FO back to AA for full/real Gold
AA doesn't match but you can enroll in a Gold Challenge. As I recall, accumulate 5K EQPs in 90 days. There is also a signup fee, something like $75. The PLT Challenge is 10K in 90 days.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
How would you go about matching DL to LH (or another non-US based *A airline).
I have DL Gold which will expire in February (it was "we want you back" offer) and already have Prem Exec with UA/CO. *A Gold with non-US based airline would give me access to domestic lounges.

Originally Posted by CMK10
You could try going through a Skyteam intermediary. UA to DL to LH maybe. Though that would burn two one time status matches and I wouldn't recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.