Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Goldpoints: LL Bean: 100 miles/ dollar???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goldpoints: LL Bean: 100 miles/ dollar???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:46 pm

I made my first LLBean purchase on 8/16 and goldpoints posted today!

------------------
Rachel
Pepperell, MA
AA Plat
Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Life time Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Do gift certificates count for transactions? I doubt as many websites nowadays are not giving miles for gift certificates.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RachRB:
I made my first LLBean purchase on 8/16 and goldpoints posted today!

</font>
Lucky you - I purchased the day before you and haven't seen any points. Did you get a gift certificate or merchandise?
Old Aug 19, 2003, 12:16 am

This from the goldpoints website:

"Also note that the awarding of points for merchandise ordered from an online retailer, via the Gold Points Rewards website, will take place within 30 business days"

so it should happen within 4 weeks...
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:40 pm

I purchased a gift certificate - just called Gold Points to convert some points into miles certificates rather than let them build up and risk losing --

"We are updating our system and cannot access account information. We will be able to do so at 8AM tomorrow."

So I will call and convert points in AM BEFORE buying anything else.

------------------
Rachel
Pepperell, MA
AA Plat
Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RachRB:
"We are updating our system and cannot access account information. We will be able to do so at 8AM tomorrow."
</font>
This like dropping back into a long lost foreign country where everyone speaks with a very distinct dialect. "Welcome Back To The Old Gold Points Run Around, Hope You Enjoy The Ride." The second you hear it being spoken again, you instantly realize where your at.

[This message has been edited by ORDNorth (edited 08-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by ORDNorth (edited 08-20-2003).]
Old Aug 20, 2003, 5:15 pm

Looks like LL Bean is now gone from Goldpoints...maybe I am blind but I don't see it.

------------------
Rachel
Pepperell, MA
AA Plat
Old Aug 20, 2003, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Hmmm, I guess all those fish hooks suggested to Bean that something, well, fishy was going on!

I bought about 10 $50 certs. I'll get the points, buy some products with them, and wait for the next promotion!
Old Aug 20, 2003, 6:05 pm

Well it was good while it last. Hopefully I be able to get my points without being sent through the ringer.
Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:28 am

Guys / gals...

I ordered FREE catalog w/ FREE shipping @ LLBean - I didn!t expect to get the points.

To my BIG surprise - 2000 points came to my account !!!

I think I do not have to be a prophet if I say now that LLBean will be surprised how many catalogs will they ship after this post... :}

Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:36 am

Now while checking GoldPoints website, I can't find LLBean offer anymore - but I found eBay offer for 2000 pts. You need to sign-up as new member and place a bid.
Old Aug 21, 2003, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just found this thread. There is a ton of information here which I'm trying to digest.

I love LL Bean. I have an LL Bean Platinum Visa (MBNA). How can I benefit from this as I order from LL Bean all of the time. Is there a link for me to sign up? I'm confused about what gold points are but what I want to know is can I get free clothing or access to special discounts? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Old Aug 22, 2003, 9:45 am

Amazing-LL Bean did it again. I used the fish hook strategy last year when they were on Goldpoints. It worked fine until I started getting phone calls from MBNA's fraud departmetn, from LLBean's FLyshop, from their shipping dept., etc. It got to be WAY too much hassle. Shortly thereafter, LLBean left Goldpoints. I thought the two might have been related. But they did the same thing again....well congrats to those who caught fishing fever the 2nd time around!
Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:38 am

THE DEAL IS OVER....

This is an email I got from Goldpoints last night.

"Thank you for contacting Gold Points Rewards. Unfortunately,
L.L.Bean.com was removed from GoldPoints.com on 8/20/03. Orders with
L.L.Bean.com are no longer eligible for points.

Thank you.
Customer Service Representative
Gold Points Service Center Team"
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satickets:
Unfortunately, L.L.Bean.com was removed from GoldPoints.com on 8/20/03. Orders with
L.L.Bean.com are no longer eligible for points.
</font>
Oh well. I have a Gold Points card from Food Emporium. Is that the same Gold Points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.