FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   I got 10,000 free miles for USAIRWAYS!!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/8554-i-got-10-000-free-miles-usairways.html)

ILOVEUSAIRWAYS Aug 21, 2003 3:44 am

I got 10,000 free miles for USAIRWAYS!!!!

Some of you guys may know about this, too...

I was kinda short on the miles I needed to get a free ticket...I was thinking about changing credit cards anyway, so I heard I could get "Bonus" miles by applying for a new credit card...This sounded very cool...It worked!.....In fact, my old cards had pretty high rates too... I got 10,000 miles for applying and qualifiying for the USAIRWAYS Bank of America Card(Visa)...

(Here's another tip...If you give them this promo code:US 0087977... It gives you another 500 bonus miles, just for applying)....Awesome!
I think their phone number is 1-888-961-2758...

You can get a choice of either 5,000, 7,000 or 10,000 miles...depends on which card you qualify for...

They're interest rate now looks like the lowest in the nation, too....I was stuck with high rates on my old cards so...I liked the promotional rate of 1.9% for 6 months... I figure that will save me money, too...and I like the fact you get 1 mile for each dollar you spend....I think I will use this one card for all my purchases instead of the 3-4 other ones I use and get no mileage.....

USAIRWAYS and United Airlines mileage points are good to book on either airline, so that's cool, too...

I have trips planed right now for London and the Turks and Cacios Islands....Yeeehaaa!

[This message has been edited by ILOVEUSAIRWAYS (edited 08-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by ILOVEUSAIRWAYS (edited 08-21-2003).]

bhatnasx Aug 21, 2003 6:38 am

Hmm? Isn't there some rules in the T.O.S. about shameless commercial promotions? I.L.U.S.A. - i wonder who you work for...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif

jer Aug 21, 2003 6:51 am

sure seems to quack like a duck ...

LondonElite Aug 21, 2003 7:13 am

Wow, we're all bursting with excitement... 10,000 miles...think of all the trips!!!

How cool!!!

Thanks for the heads-up on the low low rates too!!!

Quick - what's your favourite airline?

LondonElite Aug 21, 2003 7:16 am

What a surprise...cross-posted in the Visa forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000496.html

ILUSA: Cross-posting makes it more difficult for other users to follow these interesting topics.

singlemalt Aug 21, 2003 7:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ILOVEUSAIRWAYS:
I got 10,000 miles for applying and qualifiying for the USAIRWAYS Bank of America Card(Visa)...

I have trips planed right now for London and the Turks and Cacios Islands....Yeeehaaa!
</font>
Wow...on 10,000 miles...sure would like to see the award chart.

Let me guess: you're a new college grad who just got his/her first job with B of A and you're trying to do something to impress your boss(es). Settle down, Sparky, you have a long time to go in the work force - you don't want to burn out too quickly.

FYI: this kind of thing does more to turn people off than to get them interested.

Fire_Fly Aug 21, 2003 8:16 am

Jeez, everyone - give this guy a break!

For all the times I've seen people excited over getting 25 Mypoints for a new survey, 100 bonus I-Dine miles, etc., let him get excited over his 10,000 miles.

So I say...

Congratulations and welcome to the world of Frequent Flyer Addiction :-)

Fire_Fly

bhatnasx Aug 21, 2003 8:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fire_Fly:

For all the times I've seen people excited over getting 25 Mypoints for a new survey, 100 bonus I-Dine miles, etc., let him get excited over his 10,000 miles.

So I say...

Fire_Fly
</font>
there's difference between posting a new thing that's a good deal for the good of the public and using the FT Milesbuzz/Visa board for to shamelessly promote - this person doesn't have a FF addiction - this person is a marketer trying to sell you something.

tvl4free Aug 21, 2003 9:24 am

Well, 10,000 miles is 10,000 miles and that's what this Forum is all about - even if the 10K does cost ya $95.

Soooo, here's the direct B of A link for those who are interested.

At least the poster didn't provide a conga type link for personal gain.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 08-21-2003).]

logicpurveyor Aug 21, 2003 9:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fire_Fly:

So I say...

I second the motion.

Fire_Fly
</font>

TWA4Ever Aug 21, 2003 10:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tvl4free:
[B]Well, 10,000 miles is 10,000 miles and that's what this Forum is all about - even if the 10K does cost ya $95.

Soooo, here's the direct B of A link for those who are interested.

At least the poster didn't provide a conga type link for personal gain.
B]</font>
Since you've seen the B of A direct link, you know there is no promo codes involved. How much do you want to bet that's where I.L.U.S.A.'s commission comes in?

tvl4free Aug 21, 2003 11:11 am

Do you think so? I picked the above url directly up off of the USAIR website: www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/index.cfm?template=cc_usair_plat

I didn't notice any coding that looked like it would specifically credit the lover. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

USAFAN Aug 21, 2003 2:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ILOVEUSAIRWAYS:

...You can get a choice of either 5,000, 7,000 or 10,000 miles...depends on which card you qualify for...
</font>
Willy Loman, aka ILOVEUSAIRWAYS: No thanks. The offer is not good:
Annual Fee $90

I got a UNITED VISA: 15,000 MILES, $60/year.
Plus 5,000 MILES for referring Mrs. USAFAN; she also got 15,000 Miles.

gleff Aug 21, 2003 3:04 pm

Let's all just welcome ILOVEUSAIRWAYS to Flyertalk. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Different folks do view the value of different offers, well, differently. To say the least.

Since this is a cross-post, as noted above, I'm going to close it here. For future reference, Flyertalk manners (which will become clear the more you post and read) tend to frown on cross-posts.

But please contribute to the community. You'll find it a generally friendly and helpful place.

Best regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator