Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

any FF programs that allow mile accrual to non-traveler?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any FF programs that allow mile accrual to non-traveler?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Question any FF programs that allow mile accrual to non-traveler?

Hello.

Are there any airline frequent flier programs that allow the miles to go to the account of the person buying the tickets (even if they are not the ones doing the traveling)?

Thank you.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:14 am

Programs: DL, AA
I am not aware of any (though if they exist, I'm sure someone else will post). The closest I am aware of would be some kind of "family/household" account like that which BA offers.

Of course, you can earn miles through your CC if you are paying for the tickets. But most programs requires flown miles to be credited to the person flying.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
BA's OnBusiness scheme, whereby the traveller earns miles, but the corporation can also earn points as well.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rnmcd
Hello.

Are there any airline frequent flier programs that allow the miles to go to the account of the person buying the tickets (even if they are not the ones doing the traveling)?

Thank you.
Investigate ANA's "family" account type arrangement.

There are a variety of corporate type arrangements that work for buyers to get some kind of points for purchases. Besides BA's program mentioned above, AA, DL, NW, KL and LH are just some of many who have such kinds of program at least for employers. [There are different strengths and weaknesses to each of these programs but there is great value to be had from BA's OnBusiness and LH's CompanyPlus (applicable to many Star Alliance carriers) than with a good number of other corporate type programs.]

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 29, 2008 at 6:01 am
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:50 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Jenbel
BA's OnBusiness scheme, whereby the traveller earns miles, but the corporation can also earn points as well.
Along those lines, AA offers the Business ExtrAA program. Points are based on $ spent rather than miles flown and are in addition to the individual's AAdvantage miles.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by scoow
Along those lines, AA offers the Business ExtrAA program. Points are based on $ spent rather than miles flown and are in addition to the individual's AAdvantage miles.
AS has a similar program called EasyBiz where the "company" earns miles based on the $$ amount of the purchase and the traveler earns miles for the flight.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
I registered in both AA and DL business programs. Any tickets I buy for anyone gets me credits. Easy to sign up.

Cheers
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by X3Skier
I registered in both AA and DL business programs. Any tickets I buy for anyone gets me credits. Easy to sign up.

Cheers
I never thought of this idea; does it cost anything to register?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Free.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by X3Skier

Cheers
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Free.
I looked all around the AA and DL websites and I couldn't find a spot to sign up for the business programs. Do I have to call to sign up?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:02 pm
Suspended

I looked all around the AA and DL websites and I couldn't find a spot to sign up for the business programs. Do I have to call to sign up?
Online works for most all that I'm familiar with.

For example, AA is here https://www.businessextraa.com/apps/signup/SignUp.jhtml .

For example, here's DL's sign-up: https://www2.delta-skybonus.com/delta/join.do .

[You may want to look out for registration promotions that bring bonus points -- for example AA+SPG had some tie up before -- before signing up online.]
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Online works for most all that I'm familiar with.

For example, AA is here https://www.businessextraa.com/apps/signup/SignUp.jhtml .

For example, here's DL's sign-up: https://www2.delta-skybonus.com/delta/join.do .

[You may want to look out for registration promotions that bring bonus points -- for example AA+SPG had some tie up before -- before signing up online.]
I appreciate the links. Thanks.

What source would you recommend for registration promotions? Would there be anything besides this:
FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit Card Programs/Partners > Other Credit Card Programs
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:57 pm
Suspended

I appreciate the links. Thanks.

What source would you recommend for registration promotions? Would there be anything besides this:
FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit Card Programs/Partners > Other Credit Card Programs
Sorry, but I don't know currently.

Maybe someone else here has some info about current enrollment bonuses that exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.