Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online booking bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Online booking bonus

I am an amateur at this. I am just wondering if I will still get my online booking bonus for a flight if I subsequently decide to collect the actual flown miles on a codeshare partner. For example, let's say I book a flight on the Delta website and decide to collect the miles in my Onepass account instead. Will I still be credited with the 1000 online booking bonus from Delta in my Skymiiles account?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 7:55 am

No, And welcome to Flyertalk !

[This message has been edited by santo (edited 06-19-2003).]
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Welcome aboard, Ms. Chen!
Old Jun 19, 2003, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
One airline I know where you can earn online booking purchase miles on one programme and then credit the flights to another is Alaska.

On AS, you earn the bonus as soon as you purchase(!) and you can switch the flight(s) to whichever participating programme you want via ITM or web checkin.

I don't think this is possible on AA and US as you earn the bonus miles only when you fly.

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 06-19-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.