Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Dude, where's my miles?

Dude, where's my miles?

Old Jun 17, 2003, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Dude, where's my miles?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I'm really amazed at how low-tech the systems are that track your mileage, especially between code-sharing partners. In conversations I've had with airline insiders, they've described it to me as nothing more than a paper-based system that relies on mail and fax.

How 20th century. How bad for us.</font>
After solving a problem for someone, this guy suggests that he should be cloned. He probably hears a song on the radio and thinks the song is about him:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Now, that would be a great solution for everyone else reading this column — if I could only clone myself. </font>
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/colum...bleshooter.htm
Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:06 pm

Not only am I surprised with mileage tracking systems, did you know that Qantas cannot tell your elite status with another oneworld partner unless they sight your card? Amazing!!

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850–1894)
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:15 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Latitudes:
Not only am I surprised with mileage tracking systems, did you know that Qantas cannot tell your elite status with another oneworld partner unless they sight your card? Amazing!!

</font>
I dont know why that would be.
When you are a sapphire one world it comes out on your boarding pass.
Also when checking bookings online they can check but if you also have a Qantas number in it throws them a bit.
Also being a sapphire or emerald one world means absolutely nothing to Qantas-so I was told by a the first clas checkin clerk in New York-
Unless it is a Qantas one world frequent flyer card.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I liked the second story in the article better

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:
I liked the second story in the article better
</font>
Agree with that!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
After you sent me your first letter, I asked if you had actually earned the miles that were being taken away. You said you had. Marriott begged to differ. According to spokeswoman Kim Manthei, a glitch in the system that calculates award miles moved a decimal point in your account. "327,440 points were incorrectly credited for a stay for which he should have received 32,744 points.</font>
Like you wouldn't notice that more than 300K points were credited for one stay and thinking that you earned them...

[This message has been edited by ql2112 (edited 06-18-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.