Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Students get free flights for giving up their points story

Old May 24, 03, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"

Regarding the closed thread of the same title describing a company offering free trips...

Whether or not the original program is legitimate, a lot of scams can spring up on this theme.

It is not a good idea to let somebody else tap into your frequent flyer account. They could steal miles you flew on your own for other trips. They could steal your identity at least as far as the airline is concerned, if not more. They could buy tickets in your name breaking all kinds of rules (back to back, illegal stopover, etc.) and you will get blacklisted by the airline. They could [puit charges on your credit card if one was named in your FF account.

Also you don't want to deal with strangers who promise you a freet trip but leave you stranded in some distant city with a cancelled ticket.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited 05-24-2003).]

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited 05-24-2003).]
Old May 24, 03, 7:53 am

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
beaubo is not a stranger to these boards...Let us not jump conclusions here..but the above poster is correct..no personal info should ever be given to strangers. Beaubo good luck and I hope this works~

------------------
MRKEY
Old May 24, 03, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MRKEY:
beaubo is not a stranger to these boards...Let us not jump conclusions here..but the above poster is correct..no personal info should ever be given to strangers. Beaubo good luck and I hope this works~

</font>
Since I doubt the original article included the FT handle of the person in question, I don't think it's o.k. to add it here whether it's the right one or not.

Since another thread on this has been closed here, I see no reason of starting a new one.

Now count down how long before a moderator close this one...

Old May 24, 03, 11:40 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Ex-VIP Fromins Deli Encino - 34 years grandfathered successor program status - UA Plat/HH Diamond
I am going to close it here. However I thank Allan for posting an important reminder.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]

Search this Thread