Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Does TSA want to punish travelers?

Old May 8, 2003, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Platinum

On Tuesday, I flew from TPA to DFW on AA and was surprised to find a long line of passengers to be screened. The problem was that although there are 3 metal detectors/xray lines, one was closed. (On my previous trips all were open.)

There was a small army of TSA employees with about half doing wanding, bag checking and the other half just talking to each other. Apparently assigning 3 people to help load items, check people out of the metal detector, and operate the xray machine would interfere with their socializing.

Is this just preparing us for the personell reduction? Is TSA just a typical bureaucracy preparing to defend it's budget by punishing the traveler?
Old May 8, 2003, 6:52 pm

Buzz?
Old May 8, 2003, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Please continue to follow this in the TSA forum ("Travel Safety/Security") on FT Travel.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Moderator2 (edited 05-08-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.