Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

MilesBuzz

Should I wait for more award seats??

Old Apr 11, 03, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

I want to use the 25,000 awards for 3 seats round trip to Portland OR from DC in early August. The United website shows the only availability from any of our 3 airports to be a departure at 6 AM in the morning on the day before we would really like to leave and a return at an equally ungodly hour. United's website also says that they usually release more seats within two months of the date of travel.

I am wondering whether I should scoop up the inconvenient yet do-able flights now or wait until June for some possibly better arrangements. How truthful is United being about more availability later on? I really wasn't born a gambling man.

Thanks for your insights in advance.
Old Apr 11, 03, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Welcome to Flyertalk, edknees.

Since the question is about award redemption on United Airlines, I'm going to move the thread over to the United forum where it'll get the best response.

In general, questions about specific loyalty programs are best posted in that program's forum. You can see a list of forums here.

Best,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

Search this Thread