Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership Rewards, Star Alliance, Tahiti

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Membership Rewards, Star Alliance, Tahiti

Has anyone booked a Star Alliance award to Tahiti (PPT) using Mexicana miles? Please tell me if what I want to do is feasible...

United Star Alliance awards from N. America to PPT are 80/120/150 and United does not accept Membership Rewards point transfers.

Mexicana Star Alliance awards from N. America to PPT are 70/100/130 and Mexicana does accept Membership Rewards point transfers.

Has anyone tried to book a flight from N. America to PPT using Mexicana miles? I am hesitant to transfer a bunch of miles to Mexicana (as I need to leave from CLT and the Mexicana rep couldn't get me out of CLT.. whereas the United Mileage Plus rep has no problems finding flights out of CLT-LAX-PPT)
Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:40 pm

Buzz?
Old Dec 30, 2002, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Check availability before transferred Amex MR points.

UA likely has award availability that MX can't access. I don't know this for certain in this specific case, but I do know that different carriers often have access to different inventory in other contexts.

Try availability with ANA in addition to MX. They're a *A carrier as well.

If you can wait until US Airways redemption is all straightened out, you might try to get the UA flights w/ US miles (which you can get with your MR points).

Also, Air Tahiti Nui partners with American. You can redeem AA miles for flights to PPT. Of course, AA isn't a partner with MR. Does TN partner with anyone else?

------------------
More Room Throughout Coach: the Website of Free Miles and Free Markets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.