Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

NetBank Mileage/Points Offers: Can You Get If Once Was NetBank Customer?

Old Jul 3, 2007, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

I had a joint (w/wife) money market and checking account with NetBank that I closed 3 years ago. Got a cash incentive to open ($50 each as I recall). Never had a CD account. Can I get the mileage/point offer for opening a CD account with them for the first time? Can I repeat the ckg/mm offers for miles? If I can't, will my wife be able to get these offers since she was listed second on the account? Yes, I know NetBank has lousy customer service, but they are being bought out so customer service will likely be better and the mileage/points offers will likely end soon.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 6:17 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
I did not get the miles the first time, Good Luck.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
I think its only for new customers. You can always give it a shot though!
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:25 am
Original Poster

T&C say for first time customers only. I went thru the applicatoin process anyway for the joint acccountholder on the closed accounts but upon finishing discovered the previously closed accounts in the account profile, so won't bother to fund, as it appears unlikely that miles will be awarded. Wishing I didn't apply jointly years ago, as could have gotten 2 bonuses for the household.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by dldkjones
T&C say for first time customers only. I went thru the applicatoin process anyway for the joint acccountholder on the closed accounts but upon finishing discovered the previously closed accounts in the account profile, so won't bother to fund, as it appears unlikely that miles will be awarded. Wishing I didn't apply jointly years ago, as could have gotten 2 bonuses for the household.
It might work. I originally opened the NetBank account for a $50 (2002 or 2003) incentive and opened two new accounts last year and I got the Marriott bonus points. Never say never.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:21 pm
Suspended

sorry just wanted to bury something else
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Platinum
It worked for two family members earlier this year even though both previously had accounts that offered the cash incentive back in 2003. One received Marriott points while the other received United miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.