Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding the right fare

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2002, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Finding the right fare

Are there any travel/airline websites out there that allow searches in specific classes? For example, I want to fly to Europe and use miles to upgrade...I'm trying to find the lowest upgradable fare (B I think)...expedia, orbitz, nwa.com, etc. only either give unrestricted and restricted fares, with little choice in the fare class. I did find one site that shows the class, but you can't search for the class...any suggestions?
Old Sep 19, 2002, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
EasySabre does this. Oh yea, I forgot, it was discontinued a few years ago because nobody needed those features .
Old Sep 20, 2002, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Unfortunately, you usually have to call the airline these days to get that information. I'm not sure why they haven't pushed to have it readily available on their own website. With so many projects and frequent flier program changes that are trying to encourage travelers to purchase higher revenue fares, it is mind boggling to me that airlines haven't made it easier to do so. I guess it's only a matter of time before they get the clue.

------------------
daniel baker -- [email protected]
Reliable, fast, unmoderated, and unbiased forums at ITYT.
Old Sep 20, 2002, 6:06 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Moving to TravelBuzz for additional comments.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.