Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy

Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy

Old Apr 7, 2002, 8:08 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
April 30, get hoofing!
Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I am interested that people have been able to book BA Concord.

At the bottom of the Qantas OneWorld table on page 66 of 'Making the most of your membership' benefits guidebook, it states 'Not valid on BA Concord Services'

Has something changed?
Old Apr 8, 2002, 2:09 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markie:
I am interested that people have been able to book BA Concord.

At the bottom of the Qantas OneWorld table on page 66 of 'Making the most of your membership' benefits guidebook, it states 'Not valid on BA Concord Services'

Has something changed?
</font>
The OneWorld award table is different from the QF/BA/AA award table. If QF allowed oneworld awards to include concorde, then all Oneworld airlines would have to allow it. I don't even think BA's OneWorld award table allows redemption on Concorde.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 2:28 am

glad to see my spirit of flying the concorde was not lost

thanks for all the great info

at any rate, i have my stupid question of the day:

can you use the *wood points to convert to qantas to get the bonus and then use 100,000 points to fly North America to australia in business class on cathay?

Old Apr 9, 2002, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
"I am. 30 subs= 75,000 points. + current Starwood balance= 2 free First tickets Toronto-NYC-LHR-ROME and back. Combined with 5 free nights @ the ST.Regis Grande and a free weekend @ the Daneilli in Venice, my holiday (which retails for over $30,000.00) is going to be mine for $1,800 + some points. Marc"

Are you interpreting the Chart [QF/AA/BA] as meaning you can fly one or more of these three carriers on a single award? That appears to be the case from your intinerary, since YYZ-NYC [LGA] would be on AA, the balance BA. I am not sure if this is actually the case. You could fly BA ex-JFK through LHR onward into Europe as you are planning, of course, since this is within the 10K alloted. Too bad BA is no longer flying YYZ-JFK with their BIR service, you could at least do the hop into JFK on BA.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:12 am
Suspended

I am interpreting the chart to read any travel on AA/BA/QF flights. I could be wrong in which case I will start in YYZ on 747 and end in JFK on Concorde, Fly the JFK-Buffalo on Jet blue for $44,

Marc
Old Apr 10, 2002, 9:57 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mtacchi:
I am interpreting the chart to read any travel on AA/BA/QF flights. I could be wrong in which case I will start in YYZ on 747 and end in JFK on Concorde, Fly the JFK-Buffalo on Jet blue for $44,

Marc
</font>
I do believe that the AA/BA/QF awards can only contain 1 carrier. Therefore, the BA concorde award will only let you begin at JFK. However, you may fly anywhere from LHR that BA flies to.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 12:32 pm

Just called Qantas.
The AA/BA/QF awards may use up to three carriers aslong as you are withiin the mile restrictions of the fare! A biz class ticket is first class on a two class, but you MUST book first for BA1 and BA2
Old Apr 10, 2002, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by V60t:
Just called Qantas.
The AA/BA/QF awards may use up to three carriers aslong as you are withiin the mile restrictions of the fare! A biz class ticket is first class on a two class, but you MUST book first for BA1 and BA2
</font>
This is a quote from Dave Noble from the Qantas board: "A 1st class journey of up to 10,000 miles costs 125,000 points if solely on BA. A return trip LHR-JFK is about 7,880 miles."

You can get an award that uses more than one carrier, but it'll cost more points. The 125,000 points for 10,000 miles of 1st class flying is only good for 1 carrier.
Old Apr 14, 2002, 8:54 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Does this still work....??? Has anybody done this full circle?
Old Apr 14, 2002, 9:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beaubo:
39,999 PER DAY, as many days as you need.</font>
Are we sure there is no cumulative upper limit applied to *wood xfers?
Old Apr 14, 2002, 10:24 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
My info came direct from both Starwood and Randy. feel free tpo call Starwood to confirm.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta, US Airways
I am just about to orde my 21 copies. Was there any bad experience so far from anybody? Please tell me...
Also, anybody interested in free copies?
Old Apr 16, 2002, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Setjet:
I am just about to orde my 21 copies. Was there any bad experience so far from anybody? Please tell me...
Also, anybody interested in free copies?
</font>

I was thinking of doing this but backed out.. Email me and I will give you my adress for a sub.

Thanks and good luck
Old Apr 16, 2002, 10:05 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Setjet,
I wouldn't mind a copy Down Under;if you email me (in my profile), I will send my mailing address...unfortunately, I can't maker use of this Concorde offer, unless I can either get myself to NY or London, which is not that cheap.
Thanks very much!

------------------
kpc

[This message has been edited by kpc (edited 04-17-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.