Wiki Posts
Search

Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by divaof travel
...Now to be among the first to be "teleported" would truly be a “life experience.” But you would still have to deal with immigrations.
I'll let you go ahead of me on that ride.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:45 am

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Originally Posted by dhuey
I'll let you go ahead of me on that ride.
I'll be retired. But as of today, teleportation does have a better safety record than Concorde.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by johnep1
Step 1) Buy 21 subscriptions to Inside Flyer magazine for a total cost of $1258.95. Get a total of 52500 starwood points.

Step 2) Transfer the 52500 starwood points into a Qantas account. One starwood point is worth 2 QF points, so with the starwood bonus, 52500 starwood points becomes 125,000 Qantas points.

Step 3) Redeem 125,000 Qantas points for a roundtrip ticket on the concorde. Enjoy.
Does this only work with quantas or can the miles be transfered to other programs instead?

thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 9:11 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by Aelx2k
Does this only work with quantas or can the miles be transfered to other programs instead?

thanks!
First, read the dates of the original post.

Next, some of the promos still exist, but most have changed. Inside Flyer only gives 1000 *points, Qantas (no u, contrary to popular belief) is only 1:1 transfer rate, and the Concorde doesn't fly anymore.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 9:26 pm

I joined FT 3 years too late. Sounds like a hell of an experience, IMO.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:21 pm

Programs: not a lot
Just read this thread.

WOW!!! Sounded great. Always wish I had had the opportunity to fly on Concorde and at that price too.

LL
Old Sep 21, 2005, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
It is indeed sad to see you are so jaded by all the travel you must do to have attained those "lifetimes" that you can no longer find any sense of enjoyment or wonder in such an experience as Concorde. So be it. I agree there are many things in this world that rank high in one's life experience, most importantly the people we keep around us as friends and dear ones. But flying at supersonic speed does have its place in the upper rankings of this ordinary person's life experiences.
Not really. I flew several times, and was never too impressed. The whole experience is fun the first time, but after that it is just a faster method of getting from A to B. I preferred BA F over Concorde any time.

I can hardly say it is in the upper rankings of my life experiences, it was warm, smelly and cramped. I live a busy life, but not busy enough to need to gain 3 hours on a trip to JFK.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

I thought this thread looked familiar....

Thank you to those who were kind enough to send a deck of cards my way. That almost made up for my not being able to take advantage of this deal. If it happened today, I'd be all over it.

This deal actually got you a BA F ticket, but QF let you book BA 1 and BA 2 as part of an F award. So if BA F was more your thing (I know I love it), that could have been done instead of the Concorde.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:29 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
I thought this thread looked familiar....

Thank you to those who were kind enough to send a deck of cards my way. That almost made up for my not being able to take advantage of this deal. If it happened today, I'd be all over it.

This deal actually got you a BA F ticket, but QF let you book BA 1 and BA 2 as part of an F award. So if BA F was more your thing (I know I love it), that could have been done instead of the Concorde.

I was lucky enough to do it and that is exactly what I did.Flew the Concorde
one way and BA first on the return.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
*sigh*

hopefully one day...
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Time Travel Hazards

Originally Posted by divaof travel
I'll be retired. But as of today, teleportation does have a better safety record than Concorde.
If teleportation includes time travel, then you may want to consider this week's Dilberts before making any assumptions about safety

Monday, Sept. 19. Click on the on-screen calendar for subsequent strips.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
BA F was attainable for a couple years at a similar cost until Aug 15th. I explained how in a Miles Buzz thread I started last month (a few days before the possibility ended) and got shot down.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 7:12 pm

One of the Last to Use the Miles from the Concorde for $1260 Deal?

Due to illness, loss of jobs etc. I still had miles in QF until last September (2005). Fortunately QF has the class to let their customers know way in advance about major upcoming changes to their program, and so I scooted in to ticket my BA F-class roundtrip before the miles changed. I went from JFK to AMS via LHR and then back to EWR - totally enjoyed everything - the wonderful massages at JFK and LHR, the awesome meal(s) at JFK (I actually checked out the Club class buffet line and got talked into a lamb chop "appetizer" by one of the chefs, before going to the Concorde room for my real dinner). For someone unjaded like me, who doesn't get to fly F every time (or even 10% of the time), it was a dream come true! Thank you Randy!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ms. birdstrike and I flew her twice, courtesy of Randy and an engine failure halfway across the pond

Sadly, I have to agree with ScottC that BA F trumps the Concorde for your second flight, but nothing beats Concorde that first time @:-) ^
Old Jun 10, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
ScottC:

With all respect, why haven't you closed this thread? It's obsolete, therefore misleading, and has morphed and been hijacked several times. Many others have been closed for far less reason. Is it because you hope the stray, unsuspecting person might still buy a Concorde-load of Randy's magazine?

This is partly tongue-in-cheek, of course, but so must be all of the "additions" to the discussion from the last 2+ years (!), or so... Even you sounded bored to tears in your last post.

Originally Posted by ScottC
Not really. I flew several times, and was never too impressed. The whole experience is fun the first time, but after that it is just a faster method of getting from A to B. I preferred BA F over Concorde any time.

I can hardly say it is in the upper rankings of my life experiences, it was warm, smelly and cramped. I live a busy life, but not busy enough to need to gain 3 hours on a trip to JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.