Reload this Page >

Free 5,000 LANpass kilometers for opening frequent flyer account by Dec 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 5,000 LANpass kilometers for opening frequent flyer account by Dec 31

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:38 am

Opened accounts for both my wife and myself. 5000 kilometers posted for each of us.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:20 am

Strange. I've tried every link in this thread and they all are in Spanish. I can complete the sign-up with my limited Spanish but I can't figure out why I only get Spanish sites when the posters are saying they are in English. Help?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by upgrader
Strange. I've tried every link in this thread and they all are in Spanish. I can complete the sign-up with my limited Spanish but I can't figure out why I only get Spanish sites when the posters are saying they are in English. Help?

Go to http://www.lan.com/country_selector.html and select USA/Canada (which is the english version)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Now of course the question is - does LAN PASS status match to a non-OW carrier's status?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
You can buy 1KM for .02 cents. So, an additional 5,000KM would only be $100. Then you can redeem for 10,000 Hhonors points. Just an idea.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:48 pm

Q: Where do we exchange LANPass points to HHonours points?

A: http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...esforpoints.do

Last edited by futaris; Dec 28, 2006 at 6:21 pm
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Now of course the question is - does LAN PASS status match to a non-OW carrier's status?
Nope, I've tried asking the Ecuador and Chile desk. I requested a status match for my AA or CO status - no luck and I tried at least 3 times.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
ok, maybe I am being anti FT here but tell me why someone would join this...

1) I think it is a fine offer but I dunno if I will ever really use it or increase mileage with them, so I would be essentially signing up for a new something just like all of us once did many years ago when all the US airlines were giving away promises of free tickets with big sign up bonuses and then half the population kinda gave up on it cuz it never amounted to anything while the rest of us got into this game we are in right here and now.

ok that was a run on if ya ever did see one, but you know what I mean... one more THING to manage/think about/try to add to/deal with/dream about/have to work with CS about if and when they screw up your account/etc.

2) Should I join because, as a good FTer it is my duty as a mile-monging citizen?

3) Should I join because there is some hidden bonus that I will later kick myself for not having signed up now?

4) Should I join because I WILL one day use this and be glad I just did it and sheddup now?

Hey, I know one could just like join these and not really care too much--you know, put it on the back burner and all that... but I just got thru clearing out some less-than-often used accounts so that I only have a couple big ones to concentrate on now! PLUS, all of that makes me think of all the newbies who post things about how they 'werent really paying attention to their old account but are wondering where all their miles went' and then all of us tell them they should have. OR, how you one day DO get to thinkin about the account and you wanna do more with it because even though you didnt care when you signed up, they are your miles, by God, and you just NEED to keep track of them like you do with your own monetary income! I mean THAT is also what we FTers do here. We just plain take this stuff seriously. We sometimes know we get addicted and sometimes we avoid things so we don't go further into that! RIGHT???

I am just worried if this LAN gig is for me just a tasty drink that I dont really need. Hey, look, I am no one special on here so please don't take my post that way, but if anyone else is out there wondering about signing up, well, I think I may have just read a few minds who have yet to CLICK THRU the pages and save yet another account number in their quest for dreamable freebies someday down the road.

Fewwwww...
MM
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Aaron20
Is there any reason why it's not worth it? Transferring 10,000 kms to 10,000 HH seems like the only way I can use these (I just fly within America and to/from Korea ).

Does anyone know of an easy quick way to get 5,000 LANpass km without flying?
Assuming you have 5K kms and are not planning to use Lan or other carriers to accumulate more kms., and if you want to use the transfer or purchasing options, here are the reasons why it's not worth it !

1) If you transfer starpoints to LP, it's about 2,500 SPG for 5,000 kms. With 2,000 SPG you can get a free weekend night only hotel. So, if you're planning to have a total of 10,000 HH points just for a free night, why not redeem the 2,500-3,000 SPG points.

2) Buying the remaining 5,000 kms for $100 ! For $100 or less, you can find most 10,000 and some 20,000 category hotels available.

3) Anyway, I wouldn't suggest anyone to open a LAN account if you're not planning to accumulate more kms - I think it's a waste of time !

I like my Lan account for the cash and miles option, upgrades while crediting the miles to AA and most of all the lower kms requirement awards compared to AA. Also, for Peruvian and Ecuadorian residents (mainly for flights originating from those countries) you can obtain OW Sapphire for 60,000 kms (37,500 miles) and Emerald for 100,000 kms (62,500 miles).

The only negative part of Lan is the OW award partner redemptions, which require really high kms. amounts.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:59 pm

So if I sign up for LAN does this add to my AA miles?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 7:22 am

Smile

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
Yes, but you need a minimum of 10,000 km to transfer. Check out http://www.insideflyer.com/tools/mileage_converter/ for your options.

The 5,000 km post instantly when you sign up and seem to be valid for 2 years.
Thanks I just enrolled me and my wife..
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:31 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by obeeone
So if I sign up for LAN does this add to my AA miles?
No, it gives you LAN miles.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This is still working, but time is running out to get in on this. Never know when 5,000 might come in handy, at least for those flying within the Americas.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 3:34 pm

The English link and the Spanish link are the same. The language is chosen based on the cookie set on their front page. So...

Choose USA at lan.com. Click Promotional offers | LANPASS promotional offers. Follow "Sign up for LANPASS and recieve a gift of 5,000 LANPASS kilometers."
Old Jan 2, 2007, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The advantage to LAN is that you get miles for all CX flights just as Asiamiles, so no need to specifically get that H class if you want miles banked to AAdvantage.

Besides LAN elite is easier to get than CX's MPC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.