AA to BA conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA to BA conversion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2002, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
AA to BA conversion

What is the best way (anyway?) to convert AA miles to BA miles?

thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2002, 9:37 am

Good question.

[This message has been edited by toddpate (edited 04-15-2002).]
Old Apr 15, 2002, 9:48 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Diners Club during the double BA mile promo. I did this once for UA->BA where miles transferred 1:1 with no fees. But DIners had instituted fees recently for transferring miles to airlines.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
And there's no sign the BA double-miles promo will be repeated again in 2002. It has historically run June-July-August. Because Diners has been adding and raising fees and just generally slashing value like crazy lately, a lot of Diners cardholders are basing their renewal decisions on this promo's reappearance.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 5:51 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Doesnt Diners do the double transfer promo around once a year...? If Diners in the USA would also give double miles promo for transfers to the QF program (actually, I dont know if Diners even offers a standard transfer to QF), it may be another way to get the award on Concorde that many of us are looking to get...
Old Apr 17, 2002, 12:45 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Jeffo,

Could you explain your reason for the transfer? Maybe we can help you out in a different way. If you really want to do that, the Diners Club way is probably the best if the promotion happens again.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 2:57 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bagold:
Jeffo,

Could you explain your reason for the transfer? Maybe we can help you out in a different way. If you really want to do that, the Diners Club way is probably the best if the promotion happens again.
</font>
In some cases the BA awards are cheaper. If you want to fly transatlantic, the AA award for a business class ticket on a BA operated US-India flight requires 150K miles. The same award using BA miles requires 100K miles. If I could transfer AA-&gt;BA 1:1 without any penalty or fee, I'd do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.