Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lowest cost flight from LON to MUC?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2002, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Lowest cost flight from LON to MUC?

I am having trouble getting a low FF miles or $ cost flight one way or round trip from LON on 3/16 to MUC or INN or ZUR. Any suggestions, please?
Old Mar 1, 2002, 11:42 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Without knowing European geography well, check out Ryan Air at www.ryanair.com for cheap flights to/from the UK--- they have flights from London Stanstead to Friedrichshafen-- that looks to be in the general area of Munich/Switzerland.

Their one way fares are 14 pounds (about $20US) on the random Apr. 7 date I checked.

If this city will work for you, I don't think you can do any better on price!! :-)

If Friedrichshafen won't work, check out their London route map at http://www.ryanair.ie/london.html to see what other options may work.

(NOTE: The map at ryanair.COM/london doesn't show Friedrichshafen while ryanair.IE/london does.... I think IE is more updated since the online res system lets you book Stanstead--Freidrichshafen.)

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 03-01-2002).]
Old Mar 1, 2002, 12:23 pm

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
No idea where you are going, but you might also try other nearby cities (probably won't be cheaper but you never know).

This would include Nuermburg, Augsburg, and Salzburg.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 12:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
When you say ZUR, do you mean ZRH (Zurich)? I think easyjet flies to zurich. try easyjet.com
Old Mar 1, 2002, 12:45 pm

best, where exactly are you headed? Or at least, which airport is most ideal? You might try www.buzzaway.com (related to KLM uk somehow). They fly to Geneva, Frankfurt, and Milan _ destinations surrounding the (rapidly expanding) area you seem to be headed to. Ryanair and easyjet are also possibilities. (hoping when I check back, we're not all telling best to look into Budapest and Helsinki as "nearby" options.)

TD

Old Mar 1, 2002, 3:48 pm

Try also for cheap UK flights - check EasyJet and GO - no points tho.

[This message has been edited by CoachClass (edited 03-01-2002).]
Old Mar 1, 2002, 4:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
I am having trouble getting a low FF miles or $ cost flight one way or round trip from LON on 3/16 to MUC or INN or ZUR. Any suggestions, please?</font>
Well, taking the 16 March as departure from LHR, the cheapest direct return to MUC I could see was with BMI for Ł69+tax. I doubt you'll find much cheaper even with the lowcost Go (which actually quotes Ł180 for the same journey return)
As for ZRH, Easyjet from LGW starts at Ł47+tax one way.
Hope this helps.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 4:12 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The only "substitute" airports mentioned actually being close enough to MUC for my taste is Augsburg.
Friedrichshafen is located at Lake Constance, and it can easily be a 3-4 hour drive to MUC. Zurich is even farther away.

Salzburg and Nuremburg are not too distant, but it is still a 2 hour drive, and the Autobahn to/from Munich can often be quite packed...
Old Mar 1, 2002, 6:18 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Viajero Joven:
Without knowing European geography well, check out Ryan Air at www.ryanair.com for cheap flights to/from the UK--- they have flights from London Stanstead to Friedrichshafen-- that looks to be in the general area of Munich/Switzerland.

Their one way fares are 14 pounds (about $20US) on the random Apr. 7 date I checked.

If this city will work for you, I don't think you can do any better on price!! :-)

If Friedrichshafen won't work, check out their London route map at http://www.ryanair.ie/london.html to see what other options may work.

(NOTE: The map at ryanair.COM/london doesn't show Friedrichshafen while ryanair.IE/london does.... I think IE is more updated since the online res system lets you book Stanstead--Freidrichshafen.)

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 03-01-2002).]
</font>
Ryan flies to Salzburg Austria which is not too far away, but I agree with BMI, they are pretty inexpensive.

If Travelocity still has Dreamaps, go to UK Travelocity and they will probably post the price from LON to MUC or cities close thereto.

Old Mar 2, 2002, 9:42 am

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Hi best

I fly London to Munich all the time, and am always trying to get the best deals. The cheapest flights are on bmi (book online at www.flybmi.com), or through opodo.co.uk on bmi or Lufthansa. The only low-cost airline that flies to Munich is Go, and its prices are usually not as good as bmi and LH, who are trying to keep it out of the market. As always, you will earn *A points on BD and LH, and have access to lounges if you have *Gold. If you are having trouble finding cheap fares on those two sites, try travelocity.co.uk, expedia.co.uk, ebookers.co.uk or www.fareworldtravel.co.uk. Hope this helps!
Cheers, Zac
Old Mar 2, 2002, 12:45 pm

Why not try the Priceline UK site? - www.priceline.co.uk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.