Jetliner Lust Attracts F-16s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2002, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, WOH, Bonvoy
"boys will be boys"
Old Feb 14, 2002, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

I agree in general that we must sacrifice for the good of the masses. And this would mean we stop the silly security nonsense. We continue to plan for a return of the 9/11 scenario when it is so unlikely to ever happen. Yet, we are spending hundreds of millions, and I get billions on it anyways.

This is silly. Wasteful. And killing our economy.
Old Feb 15, 2002, 12:10 am
Suspended

So would this be

1. The High Mile High Club;

2. The Mile High High Club;

or

3. Mile High High High High High High Club (since they went multiple times?

and when the plane landed did they land too, or were they still High?
Old Feb 15, 2002, 12:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Carioca Canuck:
Doesn't this kind of thing usually happen on TAROM Glam airlines ???
</font>
LOL
Old Feb 15, 2002, 4:37 am

"Are you alright, Sir?"

"Oh, I... haven't flown in a long time."
Old Feb 15, 2002, 10:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anrkitec:
Whether you realize it or not you have just made precisely the same argument that you criticized another FTer for making in the thread about the absurdity of the current "[a false sense of] security at any cost" mentality.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../006380-2.html

The point being made by the FTer in the previous thread and yours here (whether intentional on your part or not) is that as a society we are constantly making choices that benefit the many at the expense of the few. Sometimes those sacrifices involve convenience, sometimes money, sometimes even human life (e.g., if we want to lower highway deaths why not lower the speed limit to 25 mph), and sometimes a combination of all of these.

I again find it curious at best that you feel shooting down a jetliner full of people to be a more reasonable response to a potential terrorist threat than doing away with all of the current security non-sense in exchange for a few reasonable procedures that might actually be effective.

[This message has been edited by anrkitec (edited 02-14-2002).]
</font>
What I was saying in the last post supports this statement pretty well actually.

The other topic I posted under was to someone that was saying he would rather just go back to security pre 9/11 because this security is not convenient for him, and many others. This posting was to someone that things it's absurd that the air force would shoot down a plane headed for a crowded city center. I think both are ridiculous and completely self centered as are most of the anti-security sentiments on these boards.

Old Feb 15, 2002, 10:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AS Flyer:
What I was saying in the last post supports this statement pretty well actually.

The other topic I posted under was to someone that was saying he would rather just go back to security pre 9/11 because this security is not convenient for him, and many others. This posting was to someone that things it's absurd that the air force would shoot down a plane headed for a crowded city center. I think both are ridiculous and completely self centered
</font>
Old Feb 15, 2002, 10:42 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tummyg:
So would this be

1. The High Mile High Club;

2. The Mile High High Club;

or

3. Mile High High High High High High Club (since they went multiple times?

and when the plane landed did they land too, or were they still High?
</font>
ROTFLMAO

Old Feb 15, 2002, 11:00 am

I think this is the all exclusive
high....mile highclub
hahahahah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.