Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

You wouldn't buy roses for VD would you?!

Old Jan 26, 02, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

My wife saw me going through some FF materials and she saw a 500 miles for a Valentine Roses purchase sheet. She asked me, "you wouldn't buy these just for the points would you?!"
Old Jan 26, 02, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF FB Platinum (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz Five Star / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Tell your wife you're not the only one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/006211.html
Old Jan 26, 02, 1:22 pm

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Old Jan 26, 02, 3:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Roses are NOT what I would buy for VD. Instead, I would contact my doctor immediately.
Old Jan 26, 02, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bootless and unhorsed; once a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold
Exactly - I would probably buy penicillin instead.
Old Jan 26, 02, 3:13 pm

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
Of course you wouldn't be roses just for the miles. There is no reason to add that the miles might get you to buy the roses instead of something else.
Old Jan 26, 02, 3:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BoSoxFan45:
Roses are NOT what I would buy for VD. Instead, I would contact my doctor immediately.</font>
hahahha that's what i thought when i saw that subject line!!

Old Jan 26, 02, 4:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fireflyreaction:
hahahha that's what i thought when i saw that subject line!!
</font>
My reaction too !!
Old Jan 26, 02, 10:59 pm

If it were my wife I'd also contact the doctor first and soon after that my lawyer.
Old Jan 27, 02, 12:37 am
Suspended

While I was sick with Typhoid last summer I did a lot of research into the treatment and into Cipro, (also 1 of the drug used to treat Anthrax) and noticed that while I was on 500mg 2 or 3 times a day for 18 days, just 1 250mg tablet of the stuff was enough to cure one common VD illness. amazing drug.

here's hoping no one here needs that knowledge.

But surely there is some way to earn lots of miles for that drug purchase. Anyone?
Old Jan 27, 02, 4:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BoSoxFan45:
Roses are NOT what I would buy for VD. Instead, I would contact my doctor immediately.</font>
Bingo! Just my thoughts! :

Old Jan 27, 02, 3:03 pm

It depends where I got the vd from?
Old Jan 27, 02, 3:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 880:
My wife saw me going through some FF materials and she saw a 500 miles for a Valentine Roses purchase sheet. She asked me, "you wouldn't buy these just for the points would you?!"</font>
Wandering back to topic here

It's funny how they manage to get those coupons into the mail just before Valentines day. Didn't see any in say the October mailing. And, yes, I have ordered flowers for the miles (mother's birthday, my wife wouldn't fall for it).

If anybody is ordering from 1-800 flowers put in the code MS when ordering online or by phone and portion of your order will go to the New York City Chatper of the Multiple Sclerosis Society, This way you can say it wasn't just for the miles.

Old Jan 27, 02, 11:19 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 880:
My wife saw me going through some FF materials and she saw a 500 miles for a Valentine Roses purchase sheet. She asked me, "you wouldn't buy these just for the points would you?!"</font>
I certainly hope not. And what the hell is VD? Veteran's Day? Valentine's Day? Venereal Disease? Very Delicious? If it's not an airport code, type all the letters for crying out loud.
Old Jan 28, 02, 1:20 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
I certainly hope not. And what the hell is VD? Veteran's Day? Valentine's Day? Venereal Disease? Very Delicious? If it's not an airport code, type all the letters for crying out loud.</font>
Are you really serious?! Come on - look at the date and the original question. When's the last time you purchased roses for Veteran's Day?!

No, I wouldn't purchase roses for VD because the following week they'll be 50% the price. I'd ask my b-friend to just save the $$ and put it towards an airline ticket!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: