Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Iceland Air - any partnerships?

Old Jan 28, 2002, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Good Day! I would like to visit Iceland from the US, and Icelandair seems the obvious choice...but it looks to me as though they only have a FF arrangement with SAS! Tragic! Do you think it's possible to earn SAS miles and by some crazy method via SAS' Star Allaince with UAL, turn Icelandair miles into UAL miles?
Old Jan 28, 2002, 2:55 pm

Flying Icelandair and earning UAL miles is impossible right now. You can earn SK EuroBonus points for flights with Icelandair but you cant convert EuroBonus points til UA Mileage plus.

If SAS joins the Hilton exchange program one day it could be possible but I cant see that happen in the near future.

and by the way Icelandair is your ONLY choice if you are intrested to visit Iceland.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 4:57 pm

Programs: LH Sen
I flew Icelandair to Reykjavik back in March and opened up an Aviators account with TWA for that purpose, which I then transferred into my AAdvantage account.
I'd check with AA to see if they've maintained TWA's former alliance with Icelandair.
Enjoy Iceland- it's a beautiful place!
BT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.