Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Empty seats in economy class to Asia- United?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2001, 6:12 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are traveling on United Airlines on January 15th from LAX to Tokyo then on to Bangkok on United Airlines, economy class.

We are looking forward to the trip but do not want to sit in a middle seat and have someone's elbows next to us for 19 hours. Right now we are both assigned window seats. In the wake of 9/11 and reduced air travel by many people, what are the chances that are United Flights to Asia will be full on 1/15/02? (and we will have people sitting in the middle seat next to us) It is just so nice to have the seat next to us empty on long international flights!
Old Dec 29, 2001, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
I checked the united seatmap for the 1/15 LAX-NRT leg and the same flight on 1/8. I thought I would see a lot of open seats on a Tuesday flight but I did not. 1/8 looks pretty full. On both, there were no open middle seats along the sides, so some are assigned and some are blocked. On the 1/15 flight, there were still some open window seats in the Premier zone, but also no middle seats open. The seat maps show a lot of airport control seats at the back and the availability numbers are still OK so the overall loading is probably OK but the premier zones seat maps were surprising to me. Is that where you are seated? Have you checked to be sure your middle seats are blocked as opposed to assigned? Even if you do not have status, a Premier Exec on the aisle could block the middle seat until the airport needs it.

[This message has been edited by Warrenlm (edited 12-29-2001).]
Old Dec 29, 2001, 7:46 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
This posting does not belong in the "Miles Buzz" board, as it relates to United Airlines. I will move it for additional reponses.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.