50 cent US Air flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50 cent US Air flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
the fact that the chances of getting one of these seats, as it says in the T&C is 1:2000 is laughable...I suppose they can't give out too many though...
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:22 pm

There's really two promotions going on. One is the scratch cards contest, which will be issused at hub airports or via SASE. Out of 100,000 cards, 50 will be winners of free flights up to $500. Winners are responsible for taxes and fees. Although you're supposed to include a 50c check with your winning claim, "$.50 (50 cents) will be reimbursed to the winners once they have been verified as a winner." This contest is open to anyone.

The other promotion is the website contest, where flights to designated destinations will be available for 50 cents. There's no restriction on the retail value of these tickets, and they haven't said what destinations or how many will be available yet. This contest is only open to holders of the Juniper US card.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by work2fly
I had no problem getting several $2 fares on US last summer
wow!
lucky you!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by lombardo
You can check
www.50centflights.com for more info. But it does look like it'll be hard to get. You have to first sign up for the card. Then, you have to be among the first clicksters on the site at certain designated times on certain days to catch one of the fares.
Wow...sounds like you have to be right there at the right time and want to fly where they have for sale!

At the appointed sale time, Purchaser may click on the appropriate link on 50centflights.com. The first responders will be asked to provide their e-mail address, first 6 digits of their account number and other security details to confirm their identity. Upon verification of your identity and status as a US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard Accountholder, we will send you an email with instructions on how to book your travel. Travel must be booked within 72 hours of the sending of the confirmation email. Each promotional ticket is a single ticket and must be paid for with the US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard. The promotional ticket may be booked in anyone's name, but once booked no changes to the itinerary will be permitted. Additional restrictions or terms and conditions of a particular promotional ticket will be disclosed at the time the promotional ticket is posted on 50centflights.com.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:27 pm

i am not getting the link

can someone post the link for me? thanks
Old Jan 15, 2006, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Look to the post above.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: united airlines
I will see what it says there, but I expect the tickets won't be there just for the asking no matter the number of respondents. (Is it to be like radio show promos where the 10th caller gets the prize? How does one learn the appointed sale time?)

If one does bag one of their 50 cent tickets, is it clear whether they will earn US Dividend Miles for the travel? FF miles would certainly add value beyond that of an effectively free ticket to wherever it may prove to be.

Originally Posted by shl1108
Wow...sounds like you have to be right there at the right time and want to fly where they have for sale!

At the appointed sale time, Purchaser may click on the appropriate link on 50centflights.com. The first responders will be asked to provide their e-mail address, first 6 digits of their account number and other security details to confirm their identity. Upon verification of your identity and status as a US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard Accountholder, we will send you an email with instructions on how to book your travel. Travel must be booked within 72 hours of the sending of the confirmation email. Each promotional ticket is a single ticket and must be paid for with the US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard. The promotional ticket may be booked in anyone's name, but once booked no changes to the itinerary will be permitted. Additional restrictions or terms and conditions of a particular promotional ticket will be disclosed at the time the promotional ticket is posted on 50centflights.com.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:54 pm

As the terms say, one week before the first sale they'll announce the first destination and sales time. It's "while supplies last", and I really doubt they'll offer more than 5 or 10 for each destination. I also seriously doubt they earn DM or elite miles. Contest prize tickets (and that's really what these are) don't.

I hope they've thought this through. Amex's My Card My Life contest had a lot of technical glitches. Their web server overloaded at the appointed time, as you might expect.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: united airlines
How will they make that announcement? (I don't feel especially "lucky," so asking mostly out of curiosity and laziness where T&C on stuff like this concerned.)

Will some computer-savvy types figure how to position themselves at the head of the queue, entering themselves a mere nanosecond after the window goes up? (I am anything but computer-savvy myself.)

If no Dividend Miles in the picture, still a prize, but less valuable.

Originally Posted by alanh
As the terms say, one week before the first sale they'll announce the first destination and sales time. It's "while supplies last", and I really doubt they'll offer more than 5 or 10 for each destination. I also seriously doubt they earn DM or elite miles. Contest prize tickets (and that's really what these are) don't.

I hope they've thought this through. Amex's My Card My Life contest had a lot of technical glitches. Their web server overloaded at the appointed time, as you might expect.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:19 pm

They'll announce it on the www.50centflights.com website the last week of January.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Their TCs are kinda weird... "the odds of winning are 1:2000"... but more importantly, will these tickets earn miles?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 8:48 pm

As I mentioned above, there are two contests. One is the scratch tickets, which have a 1:2000 chance of winning. These are good for up to $500 off a US Airways ticket and is open to anyone.

The other is the website sale.

I doubt either will earn miles.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
"Departure cities will vary by destination and will consist of some or all of the following airports: PHL, PIT, CLT, LAS, PHX, LAX, BOS, LGA, FLL, DCA"
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zsmith2
"Departure cities will vary by destination and will consist of some or all of the following airports: PHL, PIT, CLT, LAS, PHX, LAX, BOS, LGA, FLL, DCA"
Does that mean that if one lives in ... oh, say ... Seattle ... that this promotion is compeltely worthless (as opposed to nearly worthless)?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by huge
Does that mean that if one lives in ... oh, say ... Seattle ... that this promotion is compeltely worthless (as opposed to nearly worthless)?
Yeah...I'm thinking the same thing coming from MCI.

FLL, LAS, and PHX can, from time to time, be cheap cities to get to from MCI thanks to the WN effect. So if Mexico, Hawaii, or the Caribbean turns up, then it could still be about a $250 R/T including the taxes on the 50-center.

But what are the odds that (a) they're really going to give away the Caribbean or Hawaii for 50 cents + tax, and (b) that I'd really get one to begin with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.