Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

For those of you who have to give up your underwire bra . . .

Old Sep 22, 01, 6:28 am
Original Poster

My point exactly

check out date 9/20/01

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/political...ction=GetImage

[This message has been edited by Pupiczech (edited 09-22-2001).]
Old Oct 19, 01, 9:19 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Tighter airport security prompts firm to launch metal-free bra

Triumph International (Japan) Ltd. said Friday it will launch a metal-free brassiere in December because tiny metallic bra fasteners have been triggering alarms at airport metal detectors amid tightened security following the Sept. 11 terror attacks in the United States.
Old Oct 19, 01, 11:31 am

Here's a news article about that:
Metal-free bra to spare airport blushes
Old Oct 19, 01, 12:21 pm

NO ONE is going to get me to change my fancy little Victoria's Secret bras!! That would be the last straw for me!!

I can see it now the headline states:

"Airline Travelers no longer allowed to wear underwire bras, for fear they could be used as a weapon"

I don't think so!!!!
Old Oct 19, 01, 1:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by starbaby84:
NO ONE is going to get me to change my fancy little Victoria's Secret bras!!</font>
Wel, I would think after a while you'd have to change 'em, if only for washing!
Old Oct 19, 01, 1:19 pm
geo1004

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by starbaby84:
NO ONE is going to get me to change my fancy little Victoria's Secret bras!!!</font>

starbaby84: With an attitude like that, you seem like the perfect candidate for this upcoming FT gathering!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/001417.html

Old Oct 19, 01, 5:41 pm

NO ONE is going to get me to change my fancy little Victoria's Secret bras!! That would be the last straw for me!!

I can see it now the headline states:

"Airline Travelers no longer allowed to wear underwire bras, for fear they could be used as a weapon"

I don't think so!!!!
</font>
Well, yeah, of course they could. I mean, if you take it off, just think of all the trouble you could cause. Oh, wait. The terrorists aren't used to that. Their women have to be covered from head to toe.

They might be totally taken aback by a lacey Victoria's Secret bra.

And make sure I'm on the flight, okay?

=)
Old Oct 19, 01, 6:16 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by starbaby84:
NO ONE is going to get me to change my fancy little Victoria's Secret bras!! That would be the last straw for me!! [QUOTE]

God bless you and all the other like minded women of the world!
Old Oct 19, 01, 9:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eastwest:
[BGod bless you and all the other like minded women of the world! [/B]</font>
Its amazing how quickly all of the threads mentioning underwire bras have devolved!

I hope that its a sign we're all getting on with life. Or at least contemplating procreation
Old Oct 20, 01, 6:53 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The "Frequent Flyers" bra will dispense with the usual metal attachments that trigger airport security alarms.

According to the Japanese news agency the firm, Triumph International, will start selling Frequent Flyers Bras in December. They will have non-metallic wires and non-magnetic hooks. The new design will be available in white, orange and blue. Together with matching panties the bra will cost about US$15.

The company says it will help speed up the "immigration and boarding procedures".
Old Oct 20, 01, 8:41 am

For those of you who want to read in Japanese or want to see how those bras look like:
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/leisure/goods/2001/10/20.htm

It reads they sell only 500 sets of those. If interested, hurry and snatch!
Old Oct 20, 01, 1:22 pm

Put a Flyertalk logo on those too so we can identify fellow participants on this Bulletin Board.
Old Oct 20, 01, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
But in order to really speed up the check-in and boarding process, wouldn't it simplify things if the ladies went back to those earlier years when they were liberated (and braless), among other things. This would greatly enhance the flights--get more people flying--and put more smiles on many of our faces. You gotta agree, it woould definatly bring out the finer points of many passengers. And the taliban would be too horrified to get on a plane again--knowing how they treat and view their women.

Just my 1 1/2 cents.

bj-21.

[This message has been edited by blackjack-21 (edited 10-20-2001).]
Old Oct 20, 01, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
This post really is For Women ONLY.

starbaby84 writes:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"Airline Travelers no longer allowed to wear underwire bras, for fear they could be used as a weapon"</font>
Don't tell any of the men you know, but underwire bras were originally designed as weapons in the real war.

Old Oct 21, 01, 8:47 am

case anyone is interested, victorias had this "frequent flyer bra" for a long time. It's the no wire body bra. I love it, seamless and great support.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/prod...me=OSBRPBOVZZZ

Search this Thread
Search Engine: