Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

For those of you who have to give up your underwire bra . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For those of you who have to give up your underwire bra . . .

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2001, 4:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by walkerjane:
case anyone is interested, victorias had this "frequent flyer bra" for a long time. It's the no wire body bra. I love it, seamless and great support. [/URL]</font>
Yes this is a great bra, but the thing is...most "underwires" are not even real wire anymore. Some are, but a majority of them are plastic.
Does anyone know if the water bra has a wire, or even plastic? If not, then that could be a good idea. No alarms would go off then.
Old Oct 21, 2001, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by walkerjane:
case anyone is interested, victorias had this "frequent flyer bra" for a long time. It's the no wire body bra. I love it, seamless and great support.</font>
Lazily, I didn't use your link so I don't know if this one has metal hooks on the back?

Does anyone know if they have found that these little hooks - on practically every bra made, even if the underwire is plastic - have been setting off alarms on their own?
Old Oct 22, 2001, 2:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
I have a hard time believing that the fasteners and wires on a bra can set off a metal detector after I walked through security with a handheld mobile computer and am being assured that this is "normal."
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lisamcgu:
Lazily, I didn't use your link so I don't know if this one has metal hooks on the back?

Does anyone know if they have found that these little hooks - on practically every bra made, even if the underwire is plastic - have been setting off alarms on their own?
</font>

My wife specificailly wore a non underwire yesterday and set off the machine. Her shoes and jewelery went through the machine, and when they wand checked her the only thing that beeped was the hooks on the back of the bra strap, as did most other women going through the machine (San Francisco), so yes, those little hooks are enough.

It was quite a site to see everybody taking off their shoes, belts, etc to try to get though on the first shot, then picking up their carry on, laptop, and trying to put shoes and belts back on with one hand free.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 2:32 pm
Original Member

"According to the Japanese news agency the firm, Triumph International, will start selling Frequent Flyers Bras in December. They will have non-metallic wires and non-magnetic hooks. The new design will be available in white, orange and blue. Together with matching panties the bra will cost about US$15."

Can you earn frequent flyer miles when you buy it?

------------------
The Personal Travel Experience of Gary Steiger
http://home.earthlink.net/~pgary/TravelFrame.html
Old Oct 23, 2001, 2:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pgary:
Can you earn frequent flyer miles when you buy it?</font>
Sure. Just use a credit card linked to a mileage program.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I LOVE this thread....

(whats an underwire bra?)

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:53 pm

The users would be loved...or non-users would rather?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.