Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 Free Hilton Points Right Now

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2000, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Hey, I have been waiting for someone sucking lemons for lunch to tell me this should have been posted on the SPAM board, which no-one much reads, so that many here would not have scooped these miles!
Old Sep 5, 2000, 1:04 pm
Original Member

Thanks for the great tip. I would like to address the whole topic of which forum this and other such topics should go in. I do believe it belongs right here in The Buzz. This type of earning possibility is often gone before you know it and yes many people don't go to the SPAM or OMNI forum. It seems to me that anything that requires our immediate attention belongs right here. I'm a bit dissappointed that other opportunities, such as a quick 500 points at Greenpoints, is often gone before we can get to it because it's not in a forum that most of us read on a daily basis. I appreciate people like ozstamps taking the leap to post in this forum so none of us miss these great opportunities. Just my opinion.

Old Sep 5, 2000, 1:12 pm
Suspended

I did it twice and got 2000 points immediately. That normally takes me 4 Hilton stays at 500 points a stay. Thanks OZZIE and yes, I do not visit SPAM and would have missed out on this otherwise. Painless FREE points like this are where I think FT excels and I really would have been bugged to have missed this one.

[This message has been edited by janejet (edited 09-05-2000).]
Old Sep 5, 2000, 1:51 pm

This offer is listed on Mileageworkshop.com along with numerous other offers for free miles. I know the HHonors offer has been there since early June. If you haven't already visited Mileageworkshop.com, check it out, and visit often as it is updated frequently.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 2:02 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Thanks for the compliment anz!

I updated my Hilton account about three months ago for the 1000 points, tried it again today and got another 1000.

Thanks for the reminder Oz.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Sep 5, 2000, 2:43 pm

Hey mate, thanks for the tip.

1000 + 1000 = 2000

Jay
Old Sep 5, 2000, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Fellow FTers,
For those of you who got 1000 points a few months ago, and 1000 points again today, try one more time for another 1000 points. I have totalled 3000 points from this offer over the last few months
Old Sep 5, 2000, 4:41 pm

Here's something even more hillarious. I wasn't even a member of Hilton HHonors, but never one to pass up a free 1000 points anywhere, I joined...and got a 1000 point bonus for that!

Plus two passes on the update screen for 2000 more points, total 3000 points! If I now get a Hilton HHonors AMEX, I'll get 7500 bonus miles for a total of 10,500 enough to stay a night for free without ever setting foot in a Hilton!!!!!!

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Sep 5, 2000, 5:05 pm

IMO this is exactly the right forum for a topic like this that alerts one to an opportunity to earn additional miles. It isn't a contest (those should be in SPAM IMO) but a bonafide way to painlessly increase our mileage account. Nice one.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 5:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I love FlyerTalk for posts like this one.

My least favorite part of FlyerTalk are those arrogant self-titled policemen who simply chastise people for no good reason and add nothing to the conversation.

Bet it makes you feel like a big man, huh!

Way to go Ozzy! Keep posting things like this, and keep them on this board.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 5:46 pm
Original Member

Thanks Oz - great tip!
Old Sep 5, 2000, 6:51 pm

Thanks for the tip, oz. I updated twice and received 2000 points.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Seeing we are talking Hilton, lets update another promo. YES it was raised before by myself and YES as BoSoxFan says above perhaps some "arrogant self-titled policeman" may object to it being mentioned again. If so, I apologise.

HOWEVER, someone posted only today on the thread below kcarlson, who has personally received 150,000 HHilton points into his account after reading the thread last week I'd kept moving on this promo on the UA board.

He and others have from these boards obtained six figure numbers of HHilton points for doing NOTHING. Not staying at a Hilton even!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/002818.html

Yes, there are those who have decided that promo registration ended last September and some seem to still feel it is not retroactive, but they IMHO are wrong. Reading the posts below you can see as long as you are a HHilton member (and you can join free on thir website and I understand get 1000 points for doing that as well!) and you have made ANY United flights, anywhere worldwide since September 1999 until September 2000, Hilton give you a HHilton point for EVERY UA mile you have flown.

This does NOT affect in any way your UA MP balance or status or bonuses. They are totally free and without strings.

Many reading this sadly will have not flown United .. my apologies for boring you with this. (You still have 4 weeks though!) However, someone might be like kcarlson and snag a totally FREE 150,000 points he/she may otherwise may missed out on.

Maybe tell a friend of a workmate or relative who has flown UA? EVERYONE residing in the USA is eligible.

I may be wrong but these kind of tips seem to be why many patronise these boards. You may never join the "old boys club" but you WILL end up with a bunch of points if some of the great tips on this site are followed carefully!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Sep 5, 2000, 8:58 pm

Thankya kindly, Oz man. Got all 3000.

Cheers
Old Sep 5, 2000, 11:10 pm
E

Thanks for the great tip, gang! Extra points is extra points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.