Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines To Participate in Pointsxchange

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2001, 9:12 am
Original Poster

American Airlines To Participate in Pointsxchange

This could be interesting if it is done correctly. Hopefully, it will be a major improvement over AOLAAdvantage.com...which has been a major disappointment. Is AOLAAdvantage on the way out?

Here is the link to the article:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010329/dath025.html
Old Mar 29, 2001, 11:05 am

Looks like this might end up being a good site.

It would be nice to get those small mileage accounts consolidated into AA miles.
Old Mar 29, 2001, 12:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
In their examples on the site, the hit you take when transferring is about 50%--not as painful as hiltonrunning, but still bad.
Old Mar 31, 2001, 1:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally posted by silverpie:
In their examples on the site, the hit you take when transferring is about 50%--not as painful as hiltonrunning, but still bad.
According to "Frequent Flier Crier", airline-airline transfers are expected to lose 60-80% of their value.

Also, it's unpleasant to see an organisation such as this whose partners have members from all over the world restrict their "millions and millions" contest to US/Canada only. They seem quite happy to take everyone's money in gigantic commissions, but not let everyone win prizes.
Old Mar 31, 2001, 3:50 am

I agree--it is a global world. When are the airline's marketing personnel going to realize this? Just graduating with BA in Marketing and Logistics.

[This message has been edited by Shara (edited 03-31-2001).]
Old Mar 31, 2001, 7:24 pm
Original Member

I wonder whether members will be able to exchange miles earned from sign-on bionuses etc eg the 5,000 miles you get when you join Delta or Latinpass? One could not do this with Hilton Honours but then again this is a different program.

cheers Peter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.