Reload this Page >

The REAL Ozstamps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The REAL Ozstamps

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2000, 9:13 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
ozstamps writes:
You have a nice day. I am going back to talking travel thank you.
Skip the talk ozzie, just travel !
Old Nov 30, 2000, 10:27 am

Ozstamps:

I was not disputing that, simply offering to be compared on the usefullness or otherwise of my posts to others - in relation to flying and mileage matters, versus your last 100 posts here which contained little or any on either.
With all due respect, your signal:noise argument is a little weak.

First, consider the ratio. 4000+ posts vs. 750+ posts. If someone posts only 20% as much useful information as you do with that post count, the signal:noise ratio is the same.

Second, consider the noise itself. Fraternizing vs. saber-rattling. I suspect more folks are less irritated with "How's my buddy xxxx?" posts than p*ssing contests.

Third, taking an arbitrary # like "last 100" is not a representative sample. How many of your last 100 posts were the "Queen" post? Certainly that is not talking travel. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed reading the threat.

I'm not looking to get into an argument, but when someone (anyone) starts trying to pull out a measuring stick to one FTer's "value" versus another, I think we are losing focus of what "community" means.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Nov 30, 2000, 11:33 am
Commander Catcop

Jon Toner once again says it best... using part of his quote:

"when someone (anyone) starts trying to pull out a measuring stick to one FTer's "value" versus another, I think we are losing focus of what "community" means."

I may add I think we all have an equal contribution to this community, whether it's 40 posts or over 6K posts like ME!

For fights, please take it to the time out corner.

We should also defend our friends and onefreeman has made many many great contributions both on the board and off. He is one of the originals, part of the "old boys club" and I consider him one of my bestest Flyertalk friends. He and his wife raeban has done a lot of terrific things for me and I'm a better person for knowing them.

My philosophy is I stand by my freinds. Onefreeman, i stand by you.

Old Nov 30, 2000, 12:28 pm

WHile catman is getting out his protective gear, I ask one favor..

All points have been made so LET THIS THREAD JUST GO AWAY AND MOVE TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS LIST, OK?

It's the holiday season. let's try to keep it peaceful.

Thank you.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 1:25 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Yes Sir!
Old Nov 30, 2000, 1:35 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
At the risk of the wrath of CatCop, I'm pushing this thread to the top for the very last time.

I'm retiring from all FlyerTalk forums except for the Air Canada forum.

When I first starting reading FlyerTalk in June 1998, it was a different place.

Thanks to many that I met (and to many that I did not). Safe travels and a happy new year !
Old Nov 30, 2000, 2:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
gruezi memgamiles - sorry to hear/read. I am glad, that from time to time I also lurk in the AC forum. See/read you there.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 4:43 pm
In Memoriam

Thanks, onefreeman; I have never forgotten your words of friendship and support a year ago. I return them with interest now. Nate
Old Dec 1, 2000, 5:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Thank you, Nathan, for your kind words.
(even though your real name is not Nathan, and you really are not from DTW)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.