Wiki Posts
Search

FREE Palm IIIe from Citi/Fi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2000, 10:03 pm
Kim
Original Poster

FREE Palm IIIe from Citi/Fi

Just got this promo from Citi/Fi.. They will give you a FREE Palm IIIe if you open a checking, savings or insured money market account ($1,000 min opening deposit). The account must be funded by 7/30/00. Sorry, offer is limited to new customers of Citi/Fi. Just mention special offer code "D1W" on the application. This is a pretty good deal since the Palm IIIe is valued around $150 !! Just go to www.citifi.com or call 800-224-8434 to sign up.
Old Jun 27, 2000, 12:23 am
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Please refer to previous discussion in this forum.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/002715.html
Old Jun 27, 2000, 12:34 pm

I heard today that Citi will be shutting down Citi f/i. If this is confirmed, you should act quickly on this offer.

Citi has said that they will replace Citi f/i and some other online services with a new service that takes the best from each.

[This message has been edited by jadrake (edited 06-27-2000).]
Old Jun 30, 2000, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
jadrake,

Where did you hear that f/i would be shutting down? I recently opened new savings and checking accounts and this information alarms me. Would like to investigate before calling citi saying the sky is falling.

p.s. hope my Palm III still comes. new to the handheld cause, so the inability to upgrade, etc is not a concern for me. seemed like an inexpensive way to try it and see if I like it. you see, I bought daytimer pc software two years ago but never use it and buy the insert pages year after year!
Old Jul 2, 2000, 11:39 pm

Has anyone gotten their Palm III yet?

I am opening an acct this week (have to mail my app) and was wondering how long it took to get your toy.

PS - it seems a lot of promotions are giving these away as incentives! Palm must be closing them out.

Old Jul 7, 2000, 7:07 pm

I decided to take a shot and mailed in an application today for the Palm IIIe under code DW1. I still have my doubts that it will come from all I've read about Citi f/i, but when I called them, they said that the offer was valid until 7/30, and if I mailed in the application soon enough, I would receive my Palm in 60 days or less.

We had quite a long conversation about the various accounts, etc, but I was surprised to learn that they couldn't process an application over the phone--I'd still have to go to the web, print it out, and use snail-mail. Even though I'm using my AMEX to fund the account. They said it was because they needed a signature, but I think there has to be a better way.

I'm new to the handheld assistant world, so I thought this would be a good way to learn a bit before buying a more serious piece of machinery.

Would love to hear if anyone's actually gotten their's yet though.
Old Jul 9, 2000, 5:10 pm
Original Member

I sent in a Citifi application in May while Clickciti was still offering double AA miles..and Citifi was offering 5000 AA miles to open an account..

They opened the account but never made the opening $5000 deposit from my Clickciti card..called to ask them to please try again...nothing..don't know what their problem is with opening the account with a Citibank credit card..

So now I have an open account and no miles and no bonus...thanks Citifi..

Old Jul 9, 2000, 6:52 pm
DH

$99 for Palm IIIe might be an alternative. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000182.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.