FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   A FUN RUN ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/2605-fun-run.html)

cfrench Jun 14, 2000 9:52 am

A FUN RUN !

What a great four and a half days. My 1MM run was 6/9 to 6/13: BNA-MCO-FLL--MIA-CCS-BOG-UIO-LIM-CUZ-LIM-SJO-SAL-GUA-MGA-MIA--FLL-MCO-BNA. 15 Flights, 23 trips through airports, 13 cab rides, 3 train rides, 5 bus rides, and lots of walking.

All on-ground and in-air services were excellent with the lone exception of one short flight that was about like a typical UA domestic flight (without the surly FAs). The Latin Pass member airlines'in-air services are at the high level available in the USA a generation ago.

My "day off" was the most exciting and longest (17 hours from hotel check-out in LIM to check-in in CUZ). It included the train and bus trip to Machu Picchu and was well worth the time and effort.

Many thanks to all posters for the advice and help in planning, particularly Schutzee and STO_FT.

Wearing a little home-made Latin Pass helped in meeting two other MMers in airports. One had the same itinerary as mine for about half the run so we traveled together.

The only real negatives were those constant airport departure taxes.

jcmitchell21 Jul 19, 2010 7:44 pm

what was the mileage yield? ... and i would just like to say that nashville's bonus miles have been a blessing. I'm from there too.

mahasamatman Jul 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21 (Post 14328075)
what was the mileage yield?

You do realize that post was over 10 years ago, don't you?

zsnyder821 Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

this just made my day, haha

jcmitchell21 Jul 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 14328088)
You do realize that post was over 10 years ago, don't you?

I am shamed ...

Counsellor Jul 20, 2010 2:22 am

Not to worry. Lots of FlyerTalkers have fond memories of the Latin Run, and you probably brought those back. I can see folks now saying, "Ahhhh, those were the days!"

gleff Jul 20, 2010 7:08 am

Indeed, nostalgia for the LatinPass 1 million mile bonus is always worthwhile.

Too bad LatinPass became GlobalPass, devalued miles, lost all their airline partners. May she rest in peace.

MileageAddict Jul 20, 2010 1:12 pm

I put my LatinPass miles to good use. Ahhh, good times.

HoKo Jul 20, 2010 6:01 pm

wow, this sounds awesome. I wish I had been around for this one, unfortunately I was only 13 at the time so I don't think I even knew what a FF mile was haha

openflync Jul 20, 2010 10:14 pm

What a great four and a half days. My 1MM run was 6/9 to 6/13: BNA-MCO-FLL--MIA-CCS-BOG-UIO-LIM-CUZ-LIM-SJO-SAL-GUA-MGA-MIA--FLL-MCO-BNA.
It really had me puzzled until this came along:

You do realize that post was over 10 years ago